New subscriber/question on charges to credit card

Janey72
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All....

I'm new to the community first timer.

Anyways just seen in my bank account and on my paypal account  a sum of £23.24 taken from my account,paying it to a name of a recent seller I purchased of .The item I bought was £3.95 but yet this extra payment in her name and been taken as well.

I've contacted her she knows nothing about it and advised speak with PayPal.So on my Pp account where it shows £23.24 taken it says "CHARGE FOR CREDIT CARD" I don't understand what this means,I did do a search to see if i could find anything and like I said I asked the seller but nothing, I'm just confused.

Please can a kind person put my mind at rest with some sort of explanation why this as happened....Please!!!!

Thanks for taking the time reading and hopefully giving me a salutation.   Janey😆

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Janey72,

I'm sorry to hear that there was a charge of an amount that you didn't expect. It sounds like you may have had a negative balance before you made the £3.95 payment. In a situation where there is a negative balance and a payment is made, the negative balance will be charged to the payment method along with the amount of the transaction. 

A negative balance can happen for a few reasons. If you received a payment that was later disputed, that might cause a negative balance. Another possibility is that an Instant Transfer payment made in the recent past was not funded by your bank.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Janey72,

I'm sorry to hear that there was a charge of an amount that you didn't expect. It sounds like you may have had a negative balance before you made the £3.95 payment. In a situation where there is a negative balance and a payment is made, the negative balance will be charged to the payment method along with the amount of the transaction. 

A negative balance can happen for a few reasons. If you received a payment that was later disputed, that might cause a negative balance. Another possibility is that an Instant Transfer payment made in the recent past was not funded by your bank.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Janey72
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou so much someone as finally responded to my query, your reply makes perfect sense and I know now for the future much appreciated take care janey 🤗
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.