New option when sending money. Previous claim denied.

agarciafoto
Contributor
Contributor

Now I see a new option to offer Purchase Protection when sending money. But that option wasn't there when I filed a claim at the end of February. My claim was denied because the only option to file a claim was for unauthorized access. I did read on the forums that sending money was protected so I went ahead and did that. It turns out that it wasn't protected and I was unable to get my money back ($650). So am I **bleep** out of the $650 because that option wasn't there 2 months ago? There was no way to navigate to any sort of purchase protection and suddenly it exists? Definitely not happy about this. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @agarciafoto

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

If you only have the option to report the transaction as Unauthorized, that means the payment was sent as a Friends and Family payment. This type of payment is not covered with Buyer Protection. In the future, you'd want to ensure to send a Goods and Services payment to be covered with Buyer Protection. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.