New Scammers Yeemall Trade Co.Ltd

Erwinar369
Contributor
Contributor

Dear buyers,

Please be aware with Yeemall Trade Co.Ltd. They advertise cheap goods through the face book.
They usually use the shop name: (xxxxx).shop.

To paypal:
With so many complaints against shops or sellers like this, paypal should have a preventative solution. For example, by reminding the buyer that the shop or seller has a bad rating or has many customer complaints. Or suspected of being a fraud and others. Warnings are given smartly and wisely, to avoid the number of Paypal customers being deceived and to minimize dispute number.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Dinkylynda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, there is hope !

I DID get my problem resolved through PayPal and received notification of my full refund yesterday. I had kept all (60) emails between myself and the company (Yeemall) although PayPal did not eventually ask to see them. Yeemall kept offering me a partial refund but wouldn't give the full amount unless I returned the unwanted watch they sent and expected me to keep, 'to avoid hefty freight charges'. They then refused to confirm the return address.
Perhaps if Paypal have to refund too many of these claims they might eventually refuse to allow Yeemall to use them as a payment source.

Good luck everyone with your claims

Login to Me Too

AlisonGuest
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the same item on 16th March, although I can't remember if there was a separate postage cost, the total cost was $27.99 They told me the item was delivered on 14th April, but the only thing I received that day was a random woolly hat from China, that I hadn't ordered. I told them this, as I suspected this was from them and that I'd been scammed. I have just replied to them and advised them this again and requested a refund. I then googled the company my payment went to and found this chat, so I will now report it to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Cherishmi
New Community Member
Same here!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erwinar369 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Erwinar369
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for your very detail and informative information.

Actually this problem is not a big problem if paypal can take the right action.

The story is like this:
On March 25, 2021 I bought goods from yeemall. I paid using paypal, the payment was confirmed successful (I got an email from Yeemall).
A few hours later I got another email from Yeemall stating that my purchase was canceled and the payment would be refunded as soon as possible.

I waited until the next day, apparently there was no refund to my paypal account.
At that moment I immediately contacted paypal (open dispute), to tell paypal to hold payment to yeemall, because of a cancellation. although as far as I know, paypal will not immediately pay money before there is confirmation from me that the transaction was successful (it should be).

After waiting for a very long time, finally I got a very surprising answer from paypal : I was asked to show a credit receipt. I feel confused, I pay using paypal. Logically, it means that all proof of payment should be recorded on paypal. I tried to provide evidence in the form of an email from the seller stating the payment was successful, a credit card billing statement showing the payment. But by paypal all rejected.

Paypal stated that my client failed because I could not show "Credit receipt showing details of the payment."

Until now, I am still confused about what is meaning of "Credit receipt showing details of the payment."
I have repeatedly asked to paypal but it was not answered.

When I started to be careful with paypal, I began to lose confidence in the credibility of paypal.

in the hard globally economic now, is this a sign that paypal is starting to make a profit by becoming a fraudulent?

Login to Me Too

marksilver
Contributor
Contributor

I'm fairly disgusted with Paypal. My wife and I lost $50 because of Yeemall (we ordered weights).

Paypal uses a website 17track.net and because the tracking number that this site tracked showed delivered, PayPal decided in favor of Yeemall. To prove that it was never delivered, PayPal told me I had to get USPS to show that they did not deliver the package. The kicker is, USPS does NOT track International tracking numbers.

Buyer be ware, and don't assume PayPal has your back on international transactions.

Login to Me Too

HotinAZ
Contributor
Contributor

another one is also from Facebook marketplace  "cloudwisdomremit electronic commerce co ltd."

it's selling those mystery boxes from overstock or closeouts from stores with name brand products. one box is 19.99... 2 boxes or a pallet you can buy. I fell for it..only one box for 19.99 but I hate it when I get taken.

Login to Me Too

Dinkylynda
Contributor
Contributor

I'm ashamed to admit I too fell for this scammer. I received a cheap watch instead of my order. They said they won't refund or cancel my order unless I send the watch back at my expense, which I was prepared to do as I could claim back from PayPal (under £15). However, after numerous emails (28 to date) they will not provide me with a name to send it to, although there is an address on the original packaging. 

Which I'd found this information before I ordered. Fortunately it wasn't a huge amount but infuriating that they can just keep changing their name continue scamming people, raking in thousands of dollars/pounds, whatever currency.

Login to Me Too

HotinAZ
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received my so called BOX it was a small packet mailed first class and in it were a package of some cheap cheap press on nails and some cosmetic wipes travel size..so mad ad said a box of name BRAND COSMETICS. Live  and learn i guess.

Login to Me Too

stirl

The PayPal system here is how Yeemall is able to undertake the scam: The know the tracking is needed in PayPal's system, they also know that this tracking is as expensive as the initial transaction to purchase from most countries to China, if it is available at all.

PayPal are enabling the scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.