New SCAM being perpetrated in fraudulent online merchants and PayPal refuses to address it.

zugzug1983
New Community Member

There's a new scam being perpetrated by fraudulent online merchants. I recently purchased 5 pool cue shafts from a merchant named BVPVER. I paid via PayPal. The transaction was quick. The following day PayPal sent me an email indicating the goods were packaged and sent with a tracking number. Two days later the tracking indicated the package was delivered however it wasn't delivered to my address. I immediately sent a message through PayPal to the email address that the merchant used in PayPal to get paid. No response. After that I tried to use a "Contact Us" link the website supplied. It came up as a fraudulent link by Google. Google search showed several other fraudulent addresses used as a "Contact Us" link. I immediately called PayPal and started a case to get a refund. The representative said they would put a hold on the payment to force the merchant to correspond with me. No correspondence came. Yesterday PayPal sent an email notifying me they denied my case because the merchant gave them the tracking number which indicated the package was delivered. This was my response to PayPal:

Case ID: PP-D-116593044 I want to reopen this case. You denied my claim because the merchant supposedly supplied tracking info that indicated a package was delivered however, the merchant never replied to my request for information as to what address was labeled on the package and as to the size of the package they supposedly shipped. The P.O. indicated that the package was delivered to a different address but wouldn't tell me what address that was and indicated that there was no package of the size that would be required to ship 5 pool cue shafts left at my mailbox. I have had hundreds of pool cues shipped to my address over the past decade and not one package the size required for a pool cue has ever been left at my mailbox which is about 400 feet through a wooded area from my house. The postman has 100% of the time left packages too large for the mailbox on the front porch. The fact that the merchant has never replied to any messages I have sent them about this transaction is suspect. The fact that the website for the merchant gives a "Contact Us" link on their website that is a fraudulent link proves the website is fraudulent. It's easy to mail a so-called package with tracking to any address and it show as delivered to any address the merchant puts on the label. Tracking only proves that something was mailed and something was delivered but it doesn't show what address it was mailed from or mailed to. Giving the merchant the benefit of the doubt I was even going to send a message to the merchant that I would drive to the location where the "package" was mailed from (Soddy Daisy, TN) which is only 45 miles from my address and that I have a family member that actually lives only 3 miles from the Soddy Daisy P.O. so I could reorder the pool cue shafts and pick up locally because I need the shafts but since I get no response from my previous messages proves to me they don't want to be located. You tell me why I would be willing to give them a chance to make more money from me if I wasn't giving them the benefit of the doubt. You can look at my PayPal records and see how many successful transactions I have had. I don't lie! I have been ripped off and you are allowing it. It's going to happen to someone else. I gave you ample evidence about the fraudulent website to make an easy assessment and obviously you ignored it. When I called PayPal the representative told me they would put a hold on the payment so the merchant would have to correspond with me but obviously that didn't happen. I don't think you have actually corresponded with the merchant. I think you took the lazy way out and used the tracking number the merchant provided in the transaction. I want to see proof that you actually had correspondence with the merchant about this transaction because the merchant refuses to correspond with me.

Just tried to submit my PayPal community message and PayPal made me remove the fraudulent link I supplied for investigation purposes. This proves to me they know it to be a fraudulent link.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @zugzug1983

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience you've had with your dispute. If a merchant provides tracking that shows delivery, the case may automatically close. To discuss what options are available, you can reach Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Support is also available through Facebook Private Message or Twitter Direct Message.

I hope you receive a resolution soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.