New Paypal agreement

kathtucson
New Community Member

In the new Paypal agreement, this statement, "For “Significantly Not as Described” claims under our Seller Protection Program, we are clarifying that the item may not be returned to sellers or sellers may be required to accept the returned item and pay for the return shipping costs." So which is it?--buys can't return items that are significantly not as described, or sellers may be required to accept the returned item? The two statements are contradictory.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kathtucson,

I'm sorry for the confusion. It's an update regarding Seller Protection, and it states that a seller may be required to pay for return shipping if the item is to be returned, or the item may not be returned at all. This is not necessarily to be the case for all disputes and the directions given will be contingent on multiple factors, but sellers should expect these possibilities.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.