New Fraudulent Seller Trick: Sending with Tracking to Seller-Controlled Postal Address

Hirnsausen
New Community Member

I encountered several times a new trick from fraudulent sellers: upon purchase of an item, they send "something" or an empty envelope with a tracking number, but not to the buyer's (mine) postal address, but to a postal address they control. After a waiting time with no delivery, opening a Paypal dispute doesn't help, as the tracking number shows the item was "delivered", and those fraudulent sellers always win such Paypal cases and keep - now even empowered by the Paypal decision based on tracking status "Delivered"  - the stolen money. It is a bad but very successful trick of fraudulent sellers, to send with a tracking number to a self-controlled postal address.

It would be useful, if - in the future - tracking numbers would be connected to a receiver's address online  for better control and prevention of this type of dirty trick of online criminals.

What can  Paypal do, and what can we buyers do, to better protect us Paypal customers from such crime schemes?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

karora
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just out the the money without sending my payment receipt normally PayPal use to send a receipt but in this cause nothing.
I will give the a time when the don't do anything I will wend a tweet about the unsafe PaPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.