Negative dispute resolution

Richie1027
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone.   I purchased a data recovery program from a company online.   I paid $19.95 and received the software on 4/5/19.   It didn’t work....the program booted up, but no data from my cloud or hard driveways retrieved.  It was basically a blank screen.  There were adequate tutorials on the sellers website, but frankly the program was very user friendly and I was doing everything as directed.  I contacted their tech and Customer support the same day, and again on Saturday, 4/6/19. (Email was only option).  By Monday I received no repose and then tried to request the “guaranteed refund” advertised.  Again no response from seller

I then initiated a dispute thru PayPal’s resolution center and put all the salient facts.   My dispute was denied on 4/11, with no reason given.     I am livid.   The simple fact that I paid for a product that doesn’t work would be sufficient for a refund.  

Then I learned that I cannot appeal the denial.   Frustrating.    Anyone ever experience this?   I’ve been a longtime user of paypal and this is my first ever dispute.   Any feedback,suggestions appreciated 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richie1027 

If paid with credit card, file a chargeback with card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ginah1288
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item for $53+, requested refund was told I had to return item input shipping information, I did cost me $30+ sent paypal pics of item description and item I received my dispute was denied, now Im out $83+,  cheap item and seller gets away scott free to send that trash to another customer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.