Negative balance after phishing email

Shaunalea
Contributor
Contributor

I was selling a phone and I received a message from a scammer saying that they added money $200 to my account but it was on hold, and I would get the money after I showed proof of printing label. The email was in the spam box but I clicked on it anyways.... I thought nothing of it until last night I received 3 emails back to back about my negative balance I checked my activity and I have 4 unauthorized transfers that I didn't do. I tried to dispute them and it wouldn't let me. please help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Shaunalea,

I'm sorry to hear that there was unauthorized activity in your account. You mentioned that you tried to dispute the transactions but couldn't. What happened when you tried to dispute the transactions? Did you follow these steps? Please let me know if there was a specific error message that you encountered.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.