Negative Balance

oliviawoolf
New Community Member
I see that there is a negative balance of 159$ on my account. I have spoken to a representative about this issue in the past. Paypal is claiming that I owe 159$ back to Paypal. They state that Paypal refunded me the 159$ for a purchase I never made, and Wells Fargo paid me back 159$ for the same purchase. However, I only ever received one payback from Paypal and have included screenshots from my bank account further illustrated that that wells Fargo never refunded me, only Paypal did. I disputed a claim because I never spent the 159$ with eBay, and someone hacked my account. Since then, I got a new card and updated my security on the account. I am continuously getting pestered with emails from Paypal saying I owe money. However, when I talked to my bank, they too agreed that there was no refund from wells fargo only from Paypal. This is getting very aggravating because I never spent this 159$ in the first place. To owe PayPal 159$, I would be back where I started in a loss of 159$ from a purchase I never made. I tried calling a Paypal representative today, and no one would answer, and the messaging system never answered properly. I had attached screenshots of the refund from PAYPAL with a month following after and days before the refund FROM PAYPAL highlighting that I NEVER RECEIVED A  REFUND  OF THE 159$  FROM WELLS  FARGO EVER. I have used Paypal for many years, and I am a loyal user; however, I  have very disappointed and will most likely never use Paypal again after this transaction. 

I would love a legal perspective on this issue. Not sure what I can do at this point and I do not want Paypal to send this to an outside collection agency.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oliviawoolf 

If you want a legal perspective then your best bet is to contact a lawyer, this is just a user to user advice forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.