Negative Balance due to a lie

diags187
New Community Member

So I was letting an old boss that I used to work for use my PayPal debit card once in a while. He would send money from his PayPal account to my PayPal account then use my debit card to retrieve the money. I asked him a couple different times as to why he didn't have a PayPal card, and he had an excuse each time, basically blaming PayPal that they wouldn't send him one. Anyways, he reported to PayPal and/or his bank that $100 that he had sent and retrieved was unauthorized and PayPal went ahead and took the money from me. I've contacted PayPal several times, and they have stated the case is closed, and they can no longer do anything, they suggested contacting the police but after contacting them about the issue they stated I needed to contact PayPal. The guy got his money I know he did and if someone would contact the bank and issue a warrant to review the camera footage they would see him at the ATM retrieving his money. I've talked the guy several times, and he is playing stupid like he didn't report this and making it seem like he has no idea what is going on. So my question what do I do? I am getting absolutely NO help from anyone. All I want is the camera footage from the bank reviewed. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.