Needs help!!!!!! unfair decision made by paypal

wonderskin
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer brought a pair of earrings from me in Jan, and now she asks for a full refund after 4 moths later, why now? it has been 4 months after she received it!!!!!!!!!!!! I provided the tracking info and transaction status, but paypal still decided to refund her, if this is how paypal protects seller's rights, I am disappointed with it, I think I'd better to become a buyer not a seller, and purchasing a Birkin bag on eBay, then after 4 months, I am going to ask the seller for a full refund with some reasons, in this case I can have a Birkin for free to use within 4 moths and return a fake bag to seller,Is this right? 

Someone could help????? what should I do to protect my rights, this is unfair decision, which department should I send emails to complain paypal's behavior?

Please suggest!!!!! much appreciate!!!!!

Q

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wonderskin 

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute for non receipt of item or item received but not as described.

This is the same timescale that credit cards on average give buyers so paypal does the same.

If the buyer had 'funded' their paypal payment via a credit card and went straight to the card issuer for a chargeback without going via a paypal dispute then odds are that you would have had to refund anyway. Also the card company does not ask buyers to return items AND you would have been charged the card issuers $20 fee.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers. So paypal tend to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you first.

IF the item returned was fake then you can try an appeal but to be honest its once again your word against the buyers.

If paypal took your word the item returned was not the same one then all a seller had to do to evade refunding a buyer was do the same and so the buyer would never win.

I would just put it down to the risks of online selling, you are bound to get the odd bad buyer, we all do now and then.

Paypal seller protection (or buyer protection for that matter) is never a 100% coverall.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wonderskin 

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute for non receipt of item or item received but not as described.

This is the same timescale that credit cards on average give buyers so paypal does the same.

If the buyer had 'funded' their paypal payment via a credit card and went straight to the card issuer for a chargeback without going via a paypal dispute then odds are that you would have had to refund anyway. Also the card company does not ask buyers to return items AND you would have been charged the card issuers $20 fee.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers. So paypal tend to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you first.

IF the item returned was fake then you can try an appeal but to be honest its once again your word against the buyers.

If paypal took your word the item returned was not the same one then all a seller had to do to evade refunding a buyer was do the same and so the buyer would never win.

I would just put it down to the risks of online selling, you are bound to get the odd bad buyer, we all do now and then.

Paypal seller protection (or buyer protection for that matter) is never a 100% coverall.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SteveAd
Contributor
Contributor
What about the other side of the coin? A present not opened for 3 months is found to be broken. Paypal asks to send it back to seller in China although the adress of despatch label was Auburn NSW. AUSTRALIA, with tracking. Dutyfully I sent it as asked. The item cost $175 but the postage which I paid with tracking cost $77, even though the seller had agreed to free returns. I am out a total of $252. Now the return adress is in Chinese. I can't read it. AAustraliaPost advises that the package cleared customs and is on its way to the seller. Paypal refuses me a refund on the grounds that there was no tracking of the item being received by the Chinese seller. We were told by Australia Post the proof of receipt with signature was not possible under the contactless conditions because of Covid19. I tried calling PayPal but couldn't because they are working in reduced capacity for Covid 19. So here's the thing. They appky their own work restrictions because of Covid19, yet they refuse to pay me because the seller wouldn't sign receipt of item because of Covid19! Now, I am out $252, and don't even have the broken item to show for it. If I could identify the person that dealt with this dispute, I would take them to the Trade Practices Tribunal. Shame on you PayPal! AT LEAST REPLACE THE ITEM!
Login to Me Too

JLINEDESIGN
Contributor
Contributor
Wow it seems this joker puts the same response to every seller who’s been scammed. Lots of help you are. Just as bad as pay pal sellers protection which is NO PROTECTION AT ALL!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.