Needing to send back a faulty item, however the item is in china when I thought it was in Australia

tiarajhk
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I have a dispute going for a faulty laptop charger, I have to send the charger back at my own expense. However, I was under the impression that the item was Australian based (The site was Australian), and to send it to China is literally over half the cost of my item. Am I able to contact Paypal and ask the company if they have an Australian location? I feel really frustrated that I have been led to believe it was Aussie.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @tiarajhk,

I can definitely understand how that can be frustrating! I'm sorry to hear you're having to send your item back to China. If that is the address that is provided to you in the claim as the return address, unfortunately there's not really a way around that to get your refund. There are many companies that may operate out of one country, but ship and distribute out of another. Sorry to confirm that bad news there. 

Good luck with your case,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.