Need to raise second dispute on a payment which is already part-refunded

JudyD2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a dispute which has already been judged in my favour and refunded - but this was on only part of the payment for multiple items. The rest of the items are now with me and are unacceptable, so I need to open another dispute on the same transaction for the rest of the money. However, you can't revisit a transaction and report a second dispute on it as it's marked as resolved. To give you a clue of the sums involved, I've received back $59.95 of $319.75 so I'm keen to see the rest of it. The virtual messaging service can't answer the question and there seems to be no other way to get through to Paypal to reopen the transaction. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JudyD2

Thanks for reaching Community Forum! 

Once case is closed, the resolution center will not give you an option to reopen it anymore. Only Customer Service Can reopen it for you. Please reach out with our available support and they'll be more glad to look into it.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

I hope this helps! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

BSTECH
Contributor
Contributor

Have Pay-pal Update their help section to reflect this as it says that cases can be appealed at the bottom of the page.

Oh hold on, no it cant..... pay-pal says this can be done. but you wont be able to, go and sit in live-chat all day to get passed around, get your case re-opened to have it closed again.

Login to Me Too

sinus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @WarrenPink I have similar issue, I wanted to re-open dispute, as when it was initially opened I selected wrong category so it was rejected. But support denied me to re-open it or submit the new one. Is there any chance to fix this?

Login to Me Too

Fk10tby
New Community Member

I tried to use the contact methods given, I called and used the messenger service but all ended up in the same loop. I was overcharged for an item, received a partial refund but now have not received any tracking information for the goods to confirm they have been shipped. Goods have not been received but, because the first dispute is closed, none of the help options appear to apply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.