Need to file an appeal

Lovestruck624
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know how to file an appeal on a claim that was denied by PayPal? I’ve tried calling several times and just get the run around. According to the automated system there should be an appeal button in the resolution center but there isn’t. Anybody have an address to their appeals center?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lovestruck624 

There is no appeal button, you have to contact customer services BUT you can only appeal if you have new information that was not available at the time paypal made their decision on your claim.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lovestruck624
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal through Facebook, but what happens now? I still didn't get an answer about filing an appeal. Basically all they said was we'll forward your information. What does that mean? Seems like all my information is going to a black hole somewhere because I've called, emailed, messaged through the message center, and now through Facebook and it all gets forwarded but I don't get a response.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lovestruck624 

If you don't hear back then they are not going to accept your request for an appeal.

Normally you can only appeal if you have new information not available to paypal when they made their decision.

Hard for us to advise as all you have asked here is 'how' to appeal and you have not said what the issue was.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.