Need to dispute: Paid as guest...now have account, but transaction doesn't show in history

drfrankencopter
New Community Member

I bought an item as a guest via PayPal...but it never showed up. Now I'd like to raise a dispute. I understand that I need an account to do this, so I set one up using the same credit card and email.

But, when I log in, the transaction doesn't show up my history. I have an email from PayPal showing the transaction (including reference #), and have the reference on my CC statement. But, I can't respond to paypal's service email, and it seems I can't raise a dispute without a record of the transaction.

How can I connect the dots here and start the process towards a refund (or getting the vendor to ship the item)?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drfrankencopter 

Do you have a PayPal payment confirmation email which as the receipt ID number on it? Then call customer service to use that receipt number to open a dispute. Otherwise, give that reference number instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.