Need resolution to problem between buyer in Chile & seller in USA

seekingadvice
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, a buyer purchased an item from me & supplied a USA address to me (address in his/her account has a USA address, which is also the one supplied to me, the seller). I sent the item, buyer had a complaint and I said, "please return the item to me and I'll issue refund." Buyer responded back, "I'm in Chile and It would cost me $60.00 to return the item." Then, I the seller reached out to ebay for assistance to which they replied, "It is against eBay's policy to issue or guarantee a transaction which is sent across national borders." To which I replied to ebay, "I didn't know it was going to Chile, it wasn't until the buyer responded that he/she actually lives in Chile and that is would cost him/her $60.00 to return it to the USA that I discovered that Fact."    I, the seller, relayed to the buyer that what "he/she was doing is Against Ebay policy & if I'd known beforehand that it is was and that he/she was actually in Chile that I would've refused the transaction".    However, being sincere, I reached out to the buyer & said "I just issued a refund of $**.** through paypal."   Next, the buyer then says that 'he/she never received the refund." I the seller reached out to Ebay and then Paypal for help and also forwarded (to Ebay & Paypal) the buyer's messages to me that he/she is actually in Chile!   Each time I have contacted paypal for assistance in this matter, all Paypal responds with to me & the buyer is their annual resolution policy, which is getting us nowhere. I also think part of the problem is the buyer's language not being English. To me, if the person is transacting through the USA and makes available to me, the seller & in his/her Ebay account, an USA, address then they should comply with policy or at least, enlist help of native English speaker.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

just ignore her,as far as Ebay or Paypal is concerned,you have already refunded her from the transaction details,there is NO MORE TO REFUND

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

your buyer could be using a forwarding service,pretty common with Ebay non US buyers.

If she files item not as described,Ebay will send her a US return shipping label which she cant use,but that's her problem,not yours.

what does she want you to do?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

so you issued the refund,how did you do iT.

did you do it from the original transaction,if so,then whoever paid for the item would get the money back,if it is a credit card,then it would go back to the credit card.

if she is using a Chilean credit card,it may take some time to show up.

there is not much she can do to you,if it has been refunded,she will just have to look at her credit card statement to find the transaction 

Login to Me Too

seekingadvice
Contributor
Contributor

Chilean buyer wants me to send a check for the amount that I wrote to him/her that I refunded through paypal to the address in Minami that he/she has listed as their USA address. You know I also asked her/him when she stated that he/she was in Chile & claimed the item was damaged "Well, how did you receive it so quickly then in Chilie when it was only just received in Miami only hours ago?"

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

sounds like a scam.

Login to Me Too
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

just ignore her,as far as Ebay or Paypal is concerned,you have already refunded her from the transaction details,there is NO MORE TO REFUND

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.