Need help with opening a refund or claim

Rivyr
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I recently paid a person $70 PayPal but the seller is not communicating when I need responses, they said my payment was on “hold” by PayPal & after waiting 2 weeks when the seller said the payment would be in sent to them in 1 week I opened a dispute but canceled it because the seller got in touch with me again. The seller is doing the same thing & would just like a refund with what I payed. Please help me solve this issue, thanks.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there @Rivyr.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing recently with a payment that you have processed through your account.

If you have filed a dispute on the transaction through the Resolution Centre, but the case has been closed, it won't be possible for you to reopen the case, I'm afraid. 

I would advise you to check how the transaction was funded through your account. If the payment was funded with a credit/debit card, I would advise you to reach out to your bank directly as you may have protection with your bank. They might be able to dispute the payment directly with PayPal to request a full refund on the payment.

If we receive an update from them, we can work directly with them to resolve any dispute and if required, process any refund as requested by your bank.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Rivyr
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for nothing Mr. Moderator Dave 1dispute really??? Why not 2?? Fix your policies so ppl don’t have to go through so much trouble when they get scammed, thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rivyr 

You were the one that cancelled the dispute.

NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.