Need help with dispute please

kbod
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I purchased 2 items from company , said it’s address is uk (I’m in uk ) and that has full return refund policy ..paid via PayPal . Tracking shows it’s coming from America . Items arrive & they’re not what is in picture or claiming to be instead cheap make fakes . Sent them pics showing what I got n what I ordered ,get message back saying we won’t be refunding you in capital letters ..opened a dispute and then get another message back saying we will refund but on these conditions .1) send items back full packaging with full tracking and picture of item being posted with tracking details on it . 2) once they’ve received the package and checked if it’s in good condition they will refund me as soon as possible .. I understand sending it back have no problem but they’ve sent me a return ddress and I’m guessing from names of places it is China .. Do I have to send to another country other then where it was supposed to of come from .? looking up company seems they scamming lots n when people send back items don’t get refunds . So how do I go about it so that I can be covered and do I wait see if I get refund or when should I escalate it ? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kbod 

Have you escalated to a claim?

If not then you risk the dispute timing out if you wait for the item to get back to China and you would need to send it trackable in case the seller did not refund and you needed paypal to step in.

If you want to return it now then make sure you send it trackable and also do NOT let the dispute time out, if its at risk of doing to then escalate to a claim. Also give paypal any tracking.

If you escalate then normally paypal tell you to return it if you win BUT they will help with return postage costs if you have activated this link prior to the transaction at some point after opening your paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Your call as to what you do as nothing is guaranteed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kbod 

Have you escalated to a claim?

If not then you risk the dispute timing out if you wait for the item to get back to China and you would need to send it trackable in case the seller did not refund and you needed paypal to step in.

If you want to return it now then make sure you send it trackable and also do NOT let the dispute time out, if its at risk of doing to then escalate to a claim. Also give paypal any tracking.

If you escalate then normally paypal tell you to return it if you win BUT they will help with return postage costs if you have activated this link prior to the transaction at some point after opening your paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Your call as to what you do as nothing is guaranteed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kbod
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for reply , no I’ve not escalated it yet and the sellers taken ages to get item to me and to accept that I can be refunded so was a bit unsure which route to take .. Had someone send me wrong item off eBay while back he told me not to bother sending back as no good to him n he would refund , when he didn’t he said to open a case but not ignore sending t back part as not needed so I opened a case n did as he said n sadly lost the case .. hence why wanna make sure got it correct this time .. I think I’m gonna escalate it now and get help with postage as it’s going to another country than I had purchased from , I honestly don’t trust the seller so hoping this seems the better way
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.