Need help with a refund after buying on Ebay

jayde92
New Community Member

hello there im using my girlfriends account to write this,

I bought a nintendo switch on argos ebay store but the wrong item was delivered.

i got in contact with argos and they agreed to give me a refund and i would return the wrong item, i was on holiday at this time and wasnt really checking emails ect so when i got home i was shocked to see argos filed a dispute through ebay and within a day i was suspended from ebay and told i wouldnt get a refund.

ive been in contact with ebay and they wont give me the reason for blocking my account and now im nearly £300 out of pocket and without the nintendo switch i bought.

Could anyone tell me how id go about getting a refund i paid on credit card just through ebay as i dont personally have a paypal account. thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayde92 wrote:

hello there im using my girlfriends account to write this,

I bought a nintendo switch on argos ebay store but the wrong item was delivered.

i got in contact with argos and they agreed to give me a refund and i would return the wrong item, i was on holiday at this time and wasnt really checking emails ect so when i got home i was shocked to see argos filed a dispute through ebay and within a day i was suspended from ebay and told i wouldnt get a refund.

ive been in contact with ebay and they wont give me the reason for blocking my account and now im nearly £300 out of pocket and without the nintendo switch i bought.

Could anyone tell me how id go about getting a refund i paid on credit card just through ebay as i dont personally have a paypal account. thanks in advance

Hmm, the seller reported you to eBay for buyer abuse and got your account blocked. Did you return the item and have the tracking number? If you paid with PayPal, you can file a dispute on the payment transaction as item not as described and enter your the shipment tracking number. If this fails, contact your card issuer to do a chargeback for item not as described.

When you are disputing a purchase, it's important to always remain in touch. Sellers, buyers, eBay and PayPal do not tolerate non-communication as there are tons of cases and don't want to waste time. The only excuse you can give they might accept is if you were in the hospital or death of close relations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jayde92
New Community Member

how would i dispute the transaction as i never actually had a paypal account i just used the paypal bit on the checkout to pay using my credit card?

i was in contact with the seller and they seemed helpful until i found out they had reported me and then stopped replying to my messages

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.