Need help, urgently! Seller blocked contacts, filled shipment details with unknown starting point.

NicolòConte
Contributor
Contributor

I have been contacted by the seller on 9/11/2018 about an item of my interest (a GTX1080Ti graphics card), we agreed to have the item picked up at his place in Lecce province and shipped to my location in Verona. I had expressed my concerns about him not being able to ship it until Monday 12th, asking if it made more sense to have the payment sent by then, but seller replied that he could send the item on either Friday the 9th or Saturday the 10th so I paid the same day he contacted me and awaited news.
He did not contact me any more, I asked what were his plans regarding shipping on Saturday the 10th and he replied that he would let me know when he was done. In the very same day I received an SDA (courier) item withdrawal code  from the seller, which provided me with no information other than that the item was not retreived yet. He also informed me that the item would be with withdrawed from his location on Monday the 12th and would arrive at destination on Tuesday the 13th.
I checked the code again on Monday the 12th and SDA's website returned "NULLA DA RITIRARE-PRENOTARE NUOVO RITIRO", which directly translates to "NOTHING TO WITHDRAW-APPOINT A NEW WITHDRAWAL". When I asked the seller if he forgot to tell me something he just replied "No", giving me no information as to why the courier would say there was nothing to pick up.
I then asked the seller for a picture of the item along with a paper sheet on which I asked for his nominative and date to be written on, he replied "Ok" and never did.
After this he proceeded to block my phone number and any other form of contact so I decided to open a dispute here on PayPal.
Today I received an email from PP saying the seller has fullfilled the information they required, this information being the tracking company and tracking number. The tracking number works fine and it seems to be directed at my place, however it started more or less 800Km away from where the buyer said he would ship from.

I'm writing this because I am unsure what to do, I have until 17/11/2018 to respond to his claim even though I have received no information about this shipping. Should I wait tomorrow without contesting or should I let PayPal know I am completely unaware of the situation?
I am afraid I am going to receive a different item and will have to go through a different iter which will lock me out of getting my money back, what should I do if something is delivered to me? Should I record it with my phone or take pictures?
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance and sorry for the long text.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NicolòConte 

Does the tracking info say that the shipment is in transit to your location? I would escalate the dispute to a claim on the 16th to extend the time on the dispute and get PayPal to step in and make a final decision after the extended time has lapsed. If you should receive the item after PayPal closes the case and it is not to your satisfaction, you can reopen case to item not as described to return it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

NicolòConte
Contributor
Contributor

Hello sharpiemaker, thank you for the reply.
The tracking info does not contain information about where the item has to be delivered. It just says that it arrived at a Operative Postal Centre in Verona, which is my city.
I'm not really sure I should accept this as I have been completely unaware of it, don't know the recipient and did not have any contact with the seller prior to having this information. At this point I don't really want anything from this person, the way he handled the whole situation after payment makes me want to not have anything to do with him, period.

spedizione.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.