Need help for claim

mementovivae
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, I paid for an iPhone advertised on DoneDeal in Ireland paying by PayPal but the seller doesn’t send anything. I tried to contact him few times but he didn’t respond. I reported problem in PayPal but the reason went wrong as unauthorised transaction and PayPal said they investigated and everything is fine in my account. So I can’t claim money back because of this transaction was already claimed. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks PETAR
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mementovivae 

If you only had the option to open an unauthorised dispute then you must have paid using the friends/family option.

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

You also 'risk' having your account limited as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mementovivae
Contributor
Contributor
So there is no chance to claim my money back? 400€! 😂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @mementovivae,

If you have sent a personal payment, the payment would be not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy. Personal payments are intended for sending a gift, splitting a lunch bill, paying your share of the living expenses, and everyday exchanges of money between friends and family. This payment option should not be used as a method of payment for purchases of items or services. Remember though that our protection is just an extra layer of security. You still have all of your normal consumer rights and if you paid with a bank or card, your bank may also offer protection. 

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.