Need help, Account has been limited for 6 months but the limit hasn't been removed !

businessguy
Contributor
Contributor

I got limited on my Paypal account since last year April/June, i contacted Paypal and they told me that the lift of the limitation would be removed after 6 months, it has been way over 6 months and i have a balance on my account which i want to transfer to another account and close this account. I have tried sending emails to paypal and no response, calling them takes alot of money since its an international call. Anyone can help me?

Haven't gotten a fix to this.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Furrybabe
Contributor
Contributor
Im in the same situation my account was limited in November and they said i could withdraw on May 11 and it still comes up with same disabled message "something's not right". They are playing games it seems, every time i send a message all that comes back is my account is limited and can't be undone as if thats still my concern! I just want my money returned they made enough interest off of it and continue to do so holding added time. They should return that as well! I think they want more lawsuits! They need us to open FTC cases on them!
Login to Me Too

businessguy
Contributor
Contributor

It is very frustrating because i have been trying for months to contact them and i don't even have any options to email or to chat with an agent online. The limitation should have been removed long ago from our accounts. I hope we can get this issue resolved because it is very inconvenient to us. 

Login to Me Too

Furrybabe
Contributor
Contributor
I made a report with FTC. They are playing games and this us illegal what they are doing. They have also done this to my son's account. I think there probably needs another class action lawsuit because they're not learning their lesson. In the pandemic we are in they have no mercy or compassion for whom they **bleep** over.
Login to Me Too

businessguy
Contributor
Contributor

Still haven't gotten a fix to this issue..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@businessguy 

The limitation would be permanent so you would never be able to actually close your account.

Paypal limits it to stop you closing it so you are not tempted to try and open another account with any of that linked information ie email address or cards / bank accounts.

HOWEVER...........

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Furrybabe
Contributor
Contributor
I got mine back from doing all that i suggested. Probably harder for you but i never got them on the phone regardless so try what you can via internet.
Login to Me Too

businessguy
Contributor
Contributor

i will keep trying, thank you 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.