Need customer service phone # or email address for PayPal

Losh08
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody have an phone number or email address for support for PayPal? I've looked all over on this website and can't find any! I've disputed a charge on with my credit card company and I received an email this morning from paypal (a do not reply to this email) saying that since I disputed it with the bank instead of paypal they can't investigate it further. The only thing I can find is ask the community, or do a chat with a "bot" - I tried that and asked for a representative .... obviously that isn't a command the chat bot is programmed to recognize. So . . . I can't get anywhere..

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Losh08 

What would be the point if they have said that? They do clearly state that...........

You must choose whether to pursue a dispute with PayPal under our Purchase Protection program, or to pursue the dispute with your card issuer. You can’t do both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you pursue a dispute/claim with us and you also pursue a dispute for the same transaction with your card issuer, we’ll close your dispute/claim with us. 

However if you want contact info then........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Losh08 

What would be the point if they have said that? They do clearly state that...........

You must choose whether to pursue a dispute with PayPal under our Purchase Protection program, or to pursue the dispute with your card issuer. You can’t do both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you pursue a dispute/claim with us and you also pursue a dispute for the same transaction with your card issuer, we’ll close your dispute/claim with us. 

However if you want contact info then........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Losh08
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass. I didn't realize it was dispute one way or another. The email said they will not be able to give any information to the credit card company since I didn't file the dispute with them. I just want it to get settled one way or another. I'll wait to see what my credit card company says.

Thanks for the heads up!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.