Need advise please

Frankiestone
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item off a seller through the app Depop through the use of PayPal however I was soon told by Depop that the sellers account has been deactivated due to them breaking the sites terms and conditions. Therefore I was led to open a dispute and further claim on PayPal after not receiving my item after 2 weeks. The seller did not contact me at all during the dispute or claim however a day before the case was about to be resolved the item turned up at my doorstep. However the item was not as described and also came with a massive hole in the back of it therefore I was forced to change the issue to not as described on the PayPal claim. Because of this paypal have now resolved the case and granted me a full refund of my money. But now I have the seller of the item emailing me demanding me to send him the money back and that his PayPal account has also been deactivated so I must send it to his new accoutnt through the friends and family option however I do not trust this seller at all and I am worried he will try to scam me again. What should I do sorry as PayPal have closed the case and have decided it within my favour.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankiestone

Why open a dispute to get your money back if you want to return that money back to the seller again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been refunded, so tell the seller you will happily return his rubbish item IF he sends you a shipping label or postage to do so.

If not then forget and ignore him.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.