Need advice please looks like I've been scammed

Jazzywoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I ordered something online over a week ago and not heard back from them since , as I've been expecting a tracking number I went into their site tonight to find it no longer exists as in its gone 😕 I'm guessing I've been scammed 😐now I'm wondering what do I do now? it was quite a lot of money I've lost will I be able to get it back do I start to get refund now or wait and see if I get a reply to the email I've sent ? Feeling very stupid right now 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Jazzywoo

I am sorry to hear that you have ordered an item but have not received it. Since you are unable to contact the seller, we would suggest filing a claim for this payment so we can look into it further. This link will walk you through the steps to complete that action.

I hope this helps. 

Thank you, 

Brooke

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jazzywoo 

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. If seller give fake tracking number, you need to get official documentation from courier stating that the ship to address associated with this tracking number is not [your address] and not delivered to said address, etc. File a police report too: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

PDF all the documents, ready to upload and appeal the dispute either through the resolution center or by calling customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

If that don't budge PayPal, and you paid with credit card, then dispute it through card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Jazzywoo

I am sorry to hear that you have ordered an item but have not received it. Since you are unable to contact the seller, we would suggest filing a claim for this payment so we can look into it further. This link will walk you through the steps to complete that action.

I hope this helps. 

Thank you, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Jazzywoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for all your help I appreciate that you took the time to give advice it's all sorted out now after a few calls I was refunded but it's still annoying to have to mess about sorting it out and since I had no idea what I was doing you were a great help 

hope you have a great week xx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.