Need advice, Digital river unauthorized pay, how to tighten security?

asukatenjou
New Community Member

I noticed today something odd in my account, I was charged about 10 euros from a company known as Digital river, I never dealt with them before and after a bit or research I found out they deal with digital transactions and services. I have checked all my accounts embedded to paypal and have not found anything related to them - just in case I did so - and really have no clue to how they managed to charge me.

I was wondering other than setting down a dispute, and changing all security questions and passwords, what else should I do? Should I consider my credit card in danger and cancel it? I heard sometimes some frauds charge small amounts before wiping your account clean to see if they get away with it.

Also has anyone else been scammed by these people? What did you do?

Login to Me Too
227 REPLIES 227

cilur
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL *DIGITALRIVE AV 35314369001 LU 

They charged me 39,99 without my permission on the 30th April, after two payments I did that day.

How could this happen?

@PayPal_Andy wrote:

Hi ndldiamond -

Sorry to hear that you had unauthorized activity on your account. Given the details you've provided, it sounds like you may have had a billing agreement with the merchant that was compromised. A billing agreement is designed to make checking out with that merchant simpler in the future; you've basically given them permission to charge your PayPal account so you only have to complete the checkout process on their end without having to log into PayPal as well.

So it most likely wasn't your PayPal account that was compromised (since you did make the original transaction with them), but your account on the merchant's end that someone gained access to that caused the charges. You'll want to make sure you change any passwords on their end to resecure your account. And if you really wanted to, you can cancel the preapproved payment agreement in your PayPal account via your Profile. As we have a few different version of our Profile floating around, if you need help finding that you'd probably want to get in touch with our customer service so they can help you there. 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

KYRONJOR2012
Contributor
Contributor
I did not authorize any rewithdrawls from my account. I was charged 35 dollars overdraft charge to my bank. I need both sent to my bank immediately ASAP. PKEASE RESPOND SO I DON'T FILE A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL FOR RELEASING THE FUNDS. PKEASE RESPOND
Login to Me Too

KYRONJOR2012
Contributor
Contributor
I need my money back ASAP
Login to Me Too

Babs8
New Community Member
I've just had this problem. Someone has accessed my PayPal account and there are two payments which have gone out, one for £19.99 and the other for £69.99. it's emptied my bank account and I don't get paid until next Thursday, not sure what I'm supposed to do in the meantime while I'm waiting for the dispute to be sorted. I've changed my password, stopped any payments going out to this company in the future and at the moment until it's resolved I have removed my bank card details. Any ideas how long it takes to resolve the issue? It's a lot of money to me, I'm still in shock that it's happened, I don't know how these people sleep at night
Login to Me Too

lepatrist
Contributor
Contributor

good morning and me today the same I did to me, they charged me 49.99 euros
I have never authorized this company with my paypal 

this is a big scam
how can we get our money back ???
we do not even have to eat for the child's food

Login to Me Too

Bushpig

Again I did not give permission for Digitalriver to remove from my account,I question Paypals security as this is not the first time,I expect an answer forthwith.

Login to Me Too

DPD1
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone got a refund??
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DPD1

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting Again...Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gibiskys
New Community Member

I was scared by the same reason..but after checking all transactions I find out its a subscription for Adobe Photographers plan- Digital River Ireland. 

Did you use this products? 

Login to Me Too

pugs911
New Community Member
I had the same thing, but I discovered that they handle Razer store transactions as well.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.