cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, Digital river unauthorized pay, how to tighten security?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Digital river Ireland

Thanks for that... I know I haven’t set up any auto renews so I’ve been in touch 2 twice with them now and no reply so I’ve email a different address this time do hopefully something will get done. So annoying that PayPal agree to this!!
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Digital river Ireland

@Sueslights88 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting Again...Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.
Highlighted
Contributor

I was recently scammed on Paypal and they refuse to reimburse me the money.

Recently I noticed two unknown payments made from my Paypal account, both from a company called Digital River Ireland LTD. Both payments occurred on June 8th and 9th of 2018. I was suspicious of these payments as I never purchased anything from this company. I decided to research said payments and to my surprise I learned that this is an infamous scam and that COUNTLESS people have been charged unknowingly by Digital River Ireland LTD (as evident by the countless reviews on this website claiming Digital River helped themselves to peoples personal funds) <removed> I am requesting a refund for these payments. They were 100% NOT authorized by me and as such I have decided to remove my credit and debit information from Paypal out of fear of being scammed once more. My first dispute claim was denied because it "fell in line with my previous Paypal history" but this is absolutely not the case and I NEVER authorized these payments. For years I have purchased using Paypal under the assumption that I would be protected if I was ever scammed, but clearly that is not the case. If Paypal doesn't recover my stolen funds then I will be forced to terminate my account and get in contact with my bank so that they may issue a charge back and recover my stolen funds. This debacle has caused me to lose a lot of trust in Paypal, if this is truly how unsafe is then I don't think I want to continue using Paypal. 

What can I do to get my refund.

Tags (2)
Contributor

Re: I was recently scammed on Paypal and they refuse to reimburse me the money.

Here are some of the reviews claiming this is a scam, 

"Have been defrauded. I contacted Barclays Fraud Team they put me on to Actionfraud.police.uk. They are scammers and attempt repetative payments against your bank account. I have never contacted them on Banks advice as they will ask for card details and internet passwords. AVOID AND REPORT."

"Strange enough Digital River sells NVIDIA official products in The Netherlands. I bought a card and paid for it. Some time later I received a defective card.
Despite many emails and phonically they refuse to replace or refund the card.

Have contacted my bank and the police to file a fraud rapport against them."

"Noticed an unrecognised transaction for £269.99 - it was from digital river. Have never heard of them / bought anything from them. Luckily I managed to cancel my bank card whilst the transaction was pending. Tried to contact digital river to discuss the transaction, but the phone number didn't work and the email was responded to by a generic automated response..."

These are just a few reviews, MANY MANY more exist. This is a scam and I want my money back. (All of these reviews are currently published on https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/digitalriver.com I am not making these up)

Highlighted
Contributor

i too have been scammed with the same thing and after going on google there are loads of people that have also been scammed the thing is paypal obviously knows the company didgital river ireland ltd yet still allow it to do daylight robbery infront of plain sight and do nothing to stop it 

i think its time to close pay pal as it is obviously not a safe thing to use 

the reality is its happened three times without me even knowing  until today when looking through emails so reported it and now they have closed my dispute yet i didnt know or allow them to take the money

and when you try contact paypal regarding the problem they refuse to deal with it its just blocks you

Highlighted
New Community Member

I had been using Paypal for more than decade, and I trusted the company, but this incident keep me away from paypal. I am going to close my paypal account as I can no longer trust this company. I've never allowed the digital river ireland Ltd. to withdraw about $50 from my paypal account but paypal allowed them unauthorized payment without my permission. Paypal refused to refund the money, and close the case immediately. You should never trust paypal now.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: I was recently scammed on Paypal and they refuse to reimburse me the money

@chaichan32 @EricDarosa @mickr67 Digital river ireland Ltd - This charge could be due to a Mcafee virus protection software service purchase. I believe I found it and it was genuine.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: I was recently scammed on Paypal and they refuse to reimburse me the money

I have recently allowed my AVG virus protection to be automatically renewed. Could this account for the £49.99 charge listed as paid to Digital River on my credit card statement? I have never heard of Digital River but if McAfee use them maybe AVG do too.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Remove this automatic payment

I would like to know why Digital River Gmbh has already charged me without authorization and I don't even know what this company is. Please, I want my money back.