Need Help!!

Gk1990
Contributor
Contributor

I am Going to try and explain this to the best of my ability

I purchased a item through a trusted app that lets people buy and sell things.(Depop)

I have a pay pal account as you can see but i am unsure if it was linked or i purchased as a guest.

basically the seller has come forward and said as it is a old account he is using , the paypal account linked to it is an outdated account that he can no longer access so he is un able to send the goods and to get a refund and he has changed it to his correct email now.

I tried calling papal to get it resolved but due to COVID-19 i cant get hold of anyone.

Then i tried looking in my activity log on my account  which shows nothing( i dont know if  there is a delay this happened yesterday) so maybe i wasn't signed in.

But on the automated phone it did recognise the payment i was trying to dispute and knew the info about it when it asked me for the sum( if that makes sense) i am new to paypal so have no idea.

Any help will be gratefully accepted 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Gk1990 

I hope you are doing well. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here to help.

If the purchase is not showing on your Paypal activity page, then most likely the purchase was made a guest transaction meaning that you used your debit or credit card directly in paying the transaction. I also understand that you are worried since the seller cannot access his old account for the payment and  I can say, it's not your fault.When you pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer / Purchase Protection  may cover you in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help you get a full refund.

Here are your options:

- You may  send us a message  so we can file a dispute for you if you will not receive your item from the merchant.

- The merchant may contact us so we can help them retrieve their old account information so they can receive your payment

- You may check with your financial institution if they can cover your transaction under their Purchase Protection.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.