Need Help with Identity Confirmation

businesswiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There, 

I can't seem to confirm my identity on my business account. I fill out all the information and it always says "Thank you for providing the required information. We'll get back to you within 2-3 business days." And then a few days later, it is asking for the same documents again. It always asks for me to upload documents for the Beneficial Owners and Officer Information - which is me (the same person). I have been in a constant loop of trying to get this solved. 

I then received an email asking me to complete the following steps:
1. Go to www.paypal.ca and log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Notifications" (bell) icon next to "Log out" button.
3. Click the notification prompting you to confirm your identity and follow on-screen instructions.

But there is no bell on my paypal account next to the "Log out." I am based in Canada and I even tried logging in to PayPal American website using a VPN and my dashboard did not change. 

businesswiz_0-1604154760110.png

I was also asked to upload the following information: 

•Official supporting documentation (e.g. Corporate tree etc.)
•Securities register
•Shareholders register
•Shareholder Agreement
•Partnership Agreement.

But there is nowhere to upload it. 

Thank you and any help would be helpful. I tried calling multiple times but never got through to anyone. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

spicyglobe
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to receive a callback days after I called.  But that customer service representative could not help me.  I tried contacting the "Message Center" as well.  I uploaded my documents there, but they can only relay the documents to the "review team."  Unfortunately, I am still in the same boat with this constant loop.  There does not appear to be an actual human to speak to and/or help resolve this problem.

Login to Me Too

kathiann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I've had the same type of frustration here in the US under their Beneficial Owner's Documentation Request. They sent a few messages before they limited my business account. I had tried to do what they said to do on my Dashboard (complete the BO form) and it wouldn't let me complete it- just kept going back to the same screen. 

They then limited my account which basically meant it shut down our business as people could no longer make payments. 

I dealt with a different person every time. The message center became ineffective after a very short while because it kept giving me the "assistant" and then when a real person did answer, they asked the same question as the last person and told me to do something different. 

It has been a total of 8 months and the only thing that has helped me to receive a response is that I FILED A BBB CLAIM against their HOME OFFICE in CA. 

I'm not sure if you have a different home office being in Canada. 

IT shouldn't take this long or be this frustrating to get an answer or help to have our accounts working. I would never treat our customers this way and that is what bothers me the most. 

If I had not switched to a different system of collecting payments back in August, we would have had to close completely and lose our business. NO business (ie; PayPal) should have that type of control over another business. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.