Need Help With Uploading Documents for Account Limitation!

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account was limited because I received a 4-digit phone security check and my cell phone kept disconnecting while I was typing it in because I was in an area where my signal was bad.  Paypal has asked me for the following documents for proof of ID and I have submitted them already:

• Government-issued Driver’s License with address and photo ID (both scan and a photograph when I was told that scans aren't allowed)
  • Government-issued SIN card (both scan and photograph for the same reasons above)
  • Two different bank statements (both a screenshot and a photographed printout with my personal address and bank address)
  • An attested document (signed by a guarantor then scanned, then photographed as per PayPal's instructions)
  • An officially-issued government document with proof of business name and address (photographed as per instructions from PayPal over the phone)
  • When I got customer service to call me twice, I answered PayPal's security questions over the phone correctly both times
  • All of the names and addresses in all of my document submissions match each other and match my account information

Still, I keep getting an automated email response with a fake signature that says, "We have been unable to confirm your identity based on the information given."  The email then tells me to click on my notifications icon for detailed instructions, but there is nothing there.  The email also says to complete the, "Identify third-party agent" section but there isn't one.

I've read everything on the PayPal website regarding account limitations and know all the info so please don't forward me a link. I've submitted everything you've asked for, some things more than once.  Given that the website, the customer service reps and the security team are giving me no information on what's missing, or what they're looking for, I can't seem to get my issue resolved. PayPal, you have a reasonable duty to provide your customers with clear guidance.

The only issue that's causing this to drag on it that PayPal is not following the PayPal User Agreement, in which it states, ""You will need to resolve any issues with your account before a limitation can be removed. Normally, this is done after you provide us with the information we request," (the underlining is my own).  If PayPal tells me that they need more information but don't give it to me, they are breaking their own User Agreement.

Then, the PayPal User Agreement states, "However, if we reasonably believe a risk still exists after you have provided us that information, we may take action to protect PayPal, our users, a third party, or you from reversals, fees, fines, penalties, legal and/or regulatory risks and any other liability." Based on the list above list, can someone answer these questions:

• What do I need to upload that I already haven't?
  • What were the issues with my uploads?
  • Do I need to submit photos or scans of these documents (even though I've done both for a few of them)?
  • Why is PayPal rejecting my uploads?  Everything I uploaded was crystal clear and all the information is correct.  Is the list above really a cause for a security issue?

Since I've uploaded so much, in so many different ways, and nobody in PayPal is willing to give me any direction whatsoever, breaking their own User Agreement, can anyone in the community here help me solve this?

Thanks so much,

GordB

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

For what it's worth, I just uploaded three photos of my passport:  both pages with my photo image and the cover page.  I also uploaded the front and back of a recent utility bill.  So now, PayPal has asked for and received the following documents from me to remove an account limitation:

• Government-issued Driver’s License with address and photo ID (both scan and a photograph when I was told that scans aren't allowed)
  • Government-issued SIN card (both scan and photograph for the same reasons above)
  • Two different bank statements (both a screenshot and a photographed printout with my personal address and bank address)
  • An attested document (signed by a guarantor then scanned, then photographed as per PayPal's instructions)
  • An officially-issued government document with proof of business name and address (photographed as per instructions from PayPal over the phone)
  • Government of Canada-issued passport, three clear photos (because over the phone, PayPal told me that scans are not accepted)
  • Recent utility bill, front and back (photos, for the same reasons above)
  • When I got customer service to call me twice, I answered PayPal's security questions over the phone correctly both times
  • All of the names and addresses in all of my document submissions match each other and match my account information

With almost 100% certainty, I feel that they will reject giving me access to my account again, based on my recent experience.  I will then get a copied-and-pasted email response that doesn't state why, pointing to a link for information that simply doesn't exist.  All I'm asking for is specific guidance so I know what I need to correctly do in order to resolve this.

For what it's worth, I received an email from PayPal recently stating, "Under Canadian lay, PayPal is required to collect additional information from you due to your recent account activity."  Just so that I'm clear, can a PayPal representative tell me which Canadian law states that everything I submitted to PayPal in the list above doesn't satisfy legal requirements for ID verification?  What more do I need to do? Please help me, I'm a good, honest customer and you're putting a huge amount of undue stress and pressure on me with a lack of any guidance or customer service.

Thanks,

GordB

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

By not providing me with the information I need to remove my account limitation, PayPal is breaking their own User Agreement.  Can a PayPal rep, or anyone here, read the above posts and please tell me what I need to upload, as well as why my previous uploads have been rejected?  Your security team and customer service reps haven't been able to tell me anything after at least 10 days and at least four attempts on my part.  Everything I'm doing is based on my own guesses due to the lack of information provided to me.

Please PayPal reps, it's in the PayPal User Agreement that you'd tell me what you need from me in order to restore my account.  Please abide by your own User Agreement and just tell me what I need to do?  Can you or anyone in the community here give me some direction?

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_paula @PayPal_Donna @PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_Mark @PayPal_Siobhan2 @PayPal_Jenny @PayPal_Schae

Hi All,

Please read the above posts, it'll only take you a few minutes. I need to know what PayPal's expectations are in terms of what I need to upload in order to restore my account access.  It's in the PayPal User Agreement that you'll request information from me in order to have my account limitation removed.  Please note the following:

• I uploaded exactly as instructed a number of times, based on the information I was given.
  • I spoke to a customer service representative twice.  Both times I was advised specifically what I needed to do.  Both times I followed instructions exactly and still my account is limited.
  • The emails I received from your security team refer me to parts of your website for more information that doesn't exist.
  • What I can find on your website in my Account Limitations page refers me back to the email for more information; but there's no information in the email.  PayPal has literally been sending me in circles over and over again.
  • I've read all the links on your website regarding Account Limitations.

What I have submitted so far has been so extensive that it is getting unreasonable. I'm at the point at which I'm in fear of identity theft because PayPal is not acting within reasonable limits of Canadian banking laws.  What you're doing is illegal because your User Agreement states that I will be provided with the information I need in order to restore my account. The problem here is that the information I need isn't being made available to me by your security team, violating your own User Agreement.  If I keep uploading the exact information and documents that PayPal requests, and PayPal keeps rejecting my honest, credible and good attempts, it feels like harassment.  By legal definition, it is harassment.

I'm not trying to fight this with anyone; I'm working hard towards a happy resolution.  I'm just not getting any relevant or appropriate customer service from your website, nor from your Message Center, nor from your security team.

Please advise me on exactly what I need to do so that I can have this resolved in my next attempt at uploading documents.

Best Regards,

GordB

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

So far:

• No help from customer service reps in Message Center at all towards finding a resolution for me.  For example, I've been asking for a callback in the Message Center for four days in a row, several times per day, with no callback.
  • No guidance nor any assistance at all from PayPal's security team  in any way, shape or form regarding what to upload to regain full access to my account.
  • I've been hung up on every single time I've tried calling.
  • I tagged seven support staff members in this forum (@PayPal_paula @PayPal_Donna @PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_Mark @PayPal_Siobhan2 @PayPal_Jenny @PayPal_Schae) several hours ago with no answer whatsoever from even one of them.
  • In one of my uploads in the Account Limitations page to PayPal's security team, I even attached a letter in which I asked them to provide clear, specific instructions on what I need to upload in order to resolve this, and where I errored in my previous uploads.  They ignored my letter.

For what it's worth, I contacted them through their @askPayPal  account on Twitter and at least received a response.

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

All I can do I keep asking for PayPal's assistance, so in the face of constantly being ignored, I'll try to reach out again:

@PayPal_paula @PayPal_Donna @PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_Mark @PayPal_Siobhan2 @PayPal_Jenny @PayPal_Schae

Can somebody please read my issues above and answer to them?

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_FrankI haven't had help from PayPal to resolve an issue and it's been approaching the two-week mark.  I've been spending hours per day trying to figure out why because nobody is taking the couple of minutes necessary to guide me.  I'm reaching out to you in an effort to find one person in your organization that's willing to help me.  If you do, you'd be the first.

Please take a few minutes to read my posts above and let me know how to resolve my account limitation.

Login to Me Too

Akb29427
Contributor
Contributor
Going through the same issues now myself, going into the second week of this and honestly it's ridiculous. How am I, the customer, supposed to comply and provide necessary information to lift the limitation placed on my account, for apparently no specific reason anyone can tell me, if the people whose job it is to provide customer service don't even know what it is they need from me? Feels like I'm jumping through hoop after hoop only to have another hoop thrown up in front of me when I think I've finished finally! Paying here in hopes of finding out if you ever managed to resolve your issues and have the limitation lifted? Because I can really see this being a never ending circle of frustration with no resolution, EVER. I really expected much more from Paypal as a company, the last almost 2 weeks have completely changed my perception of Paypal as a whole and certainly not in any favorable ways!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.