Nasty seller!

Lolly0402
New Community Member

I have bought a sofa and chair from a first time ebayer, and I used paypal credit to pay. The person then accidentally refunded the me all the money and is now asking for a cheque or a transfer over paypal, which I can’t do as I used paypal credit so would need to be another transaction. I have begged them to relist so I can just buy it again but I’m getting threats about getting the police involved and they are telling me now that they want them back. I do want the items but need to use this payment method, the seller is being completely unreasonable and getting quite nasty. They were also very nasty both times my husband drove 60 miles to collect the items, as the first time they had measured them wrong so they wouldn’t fit in the trailer we had brought so we had to find a van. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

---duplicate post

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lolly0402 

Is it not possible to send a goods and service payment via send and request tab from the website but pay with PayPal Credit again? Or did you try already and the system is not letting you? 

Login to Me Too

Lolly0402
New Community Member
I rang paypal and they said I couldn’t, they were the ones who said she’d have to relist it so I could use that method
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lolly0402 wrote:
I rang paypal and they said I couldn’t, they were the ones who said she’d have to relist it so I could use that method

I see. Do you have enough on PayPal Credit to pay that amount again? Because it take a bit of time for the refund to go back on PayPal Credit, like a week, up to 30 days.

Communicate with the seller and assure them that once the refund gone back on your PayPal Credit, you will resend payment. If you have enough on your PayPal Credit to pay the amount again at the moment, then have seller send you a PayPal invoice. The seller can enable financing on the PayPal invoice by going to the Create Invoice - PayPal page (personal account) or invoice tool  (business account) and click the Settings menu and navigate down to "Offer Financing" before creating invoice. Give seller your PayPal email address for which to send PayPal invoice to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.