Nairobi

vicque
Contributor
Contributor
Hi preston, I'm a Paypal user from Kenya. I reached my limits this week, and I've been able to complete the Proof of Identity part of the verification using a copy of my National ID. The Proof of Address part is proving to be a hustle and I'm not even sure it can be done. Paypal requires me to provide an official document that shows my residence, but unfortunately things don't work like that in Kenya. We don't have residential addresses --- like street numbers and things like that. Further, there is really no official document that details where one lives. Not even a bank statement. At best, there is a postal address, because that is the system we use here. To complicate things further, I rent an apartment. I have sent digital scans of my rent+water bill (which also says I live at house no. XXX on building X) but I have been told it's not adequate Proof of Residence. I'm really at a loss as I really want to keep using Paypal. This restriction practically means I can't, and the way I see it you guys are about to lose all your Kenyan clientelle unless a workaround is found.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.