NOT MY MONEY

sinner1313
Contributor
Contributor
I have a negative balance due to a dispute with Paypal. I received $100 from some who doesn't owe me money. It was an error on his part sending it to me. The system won't let me send a refund. What is the recourse. I don't have 100 to give him and mm y negative balance ate his $100 he deserves his money. Bsck as it was an error. I have nothing to do with it.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sinner1313 

If he 'sent' you the money then why can't you pay him back again?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @sinner1313,

I'm so sorry to hear this occurred. Generally when someone sends you a payment, that money goes into the PayPal balance and you would receive an email notification of the transaction. From there you can either withdraw the money, use it towards purchases, or refund the payment. At the time the dispute was filed, if the payment was still in the PayPal balance or previously refunded, the balance wouldn't have become negative. This means that the money received was either previously withdrawn or spent online. If you did not make any purchases that may have spent the money received or withdrew the money to your bank or card, then you may need to contact our customer service to report unauthorized activity on your account and change your password as soon as possible. Otherwise, you would be responsible to reimburse the amount owed for the payment received. I sincerely apologize for any negative experience this has caused you and hope this information helps. If you need to contact our customer service, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

Thank you!

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.