NEVER REFUND AN EBAY BUYER UNTIL YOU HAVE THE ITEM BACK

tipster6
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay invited me to refund the buyer immediately.  I did this but the buyer did not return the item.  I complained to Ebay and Paypal and both ignored my complaint.   Thanks both!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tipster6 

Every Ebay dispute i have been on has requested me to supply a shipping label for the buyer to return the item before i had to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tipster6
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure providing the return label ensures a buyer would return the item.  I have relied on trust and this was my error.   Just so you know the buyer from overseas did not want a return label as he wanted the real cost of shipping refunded from his own country. That was the last I heard from him.,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tipster6 

Because by providing the label Ebay don't expect you to refund until the item is shown as delivered back to you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tipster6
Contributor
Contributor

I was never told this.  I was just invited by Ebay to wait for the item to be returned or refund straight away.   The buyer said he was skint and he wanted his refund desperately.  I refunded to avoid any neg feedback and he promised once he had the shipping cost he would let me know and then return once I had paid this shipping cost into his account.  I did this but he failed to return the item.  No need to write back as its not resolving the issue for me but thanks anyway for your opinion.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.