My temporal limitation is not being removed

LeyendaV
Contributor
Contributor

Since monday I have a limitation over my account. I've been asked to verify my address (yet again) and was made a PEP question that I had to response here AND via email, and still I can't operate normally. In fact, by going to https://www.paypal.com/disputes/ and searching for the case ID you give me, the only message I got is "There are no cases in your queue currently".

This is the current state of thing sice 2 days ago:

pp.png 

I have a lot of things to do with my account, and an especially critical operation that had to be done on tuesday. You have no idea how much trouble I was putting into with this kinds of "verifiaction". Thank you very much.

When will I be able to operate normally for once? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LeyendaV
Contributor
Contributor

Being everything fixed already because who know, here's a quick and final thought. Turned out that waiting is the only thing we can do here. PayPal will never tell you what is doing, why and how long would it takes. You just will find one day unable to operate because lulz, and other (mostly proably not less than a week later) you would be abli to do everything again form the same "reason". 

For us who works exclusively through PayPal, have in mind that may lost important things because of this, so be prepared for everything. That's the safest and best advice I can give you.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeyendaV wrote:

Since monday I have a limitation over my account. I've been asked to verify my address (yet again) and was made a PEP question that I had to response here AND via email, and still I can't operate normally. In fact, by going to https://www.paypal.com/disputes/ and searching for the case ID you give me, the only message I got is "There are no cases in your queue currently".

This is the current state of thing sice 2 days ago:

I have a lot of things to do with my account, and an especially critical operation that had to be done on tuesday. You have no idea how much trouble I was putting into with this kinds of "verifiaction". Thank you very much.

When will I be able to operate normally for once? 

Try the Resolution Center. Click Help at the top menu and on next page at the top-right side corner, click Resolution Center. A new browser window or tab will open in your browser and then it will ask you to log in.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LeyendaV
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

And that take me to a window where says "Your account access is limited", from then I con go either to my account limitations (that leads to the windows I screeshot on my op) or to a Case Summary section where I can enter the case ID, as I also said in my op.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeyendaV

Then contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeyendaV
Contributor
Contributor
I did, on thursday, and as is sadly usual with the PayPal email support they send a long answer for a totally different problem. I reply then with the same screenshot I leave in the op and that was the last I heard from them.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeyendaV

Their customer services appears to get worse year by year  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeyendaV wrote:

@sharpiemarker

And that take me to a window where says "Your account access is limited", from then I con go either to my account limitations (that leads to the windows I screeshot on my op) or to a Case Summary section where I can enter the case ID, as I also said in my op.

At the time of my reply, I could not see the image as it was waiting for approval for display by the forum system. It seems like everything you need to provide was done so you just have to wait until PayPal gets to your account and finishes processing your information. PayPal will contact you and let you know whether limitations have been lifted or not. It just may not come at the specified time you were told and may take longer than usual depending on the severity of your case. 2-3 days is nothing. Have heard some people wait weeks, months, if not years and vary wildly.

Account limitations cannot be lifted over the phone as that is a different department that can not be reached as had been reported here. The only thing is to call and follow up but that's it. But if you want to call and get lied to possibly by a outsource man who wants to move on to the next customer which is not unheard of, then go right ahead. Not hating on PayPal, they do what they have to do. This is based on my observation. They got tons of accounts to review from over 200+ countries that PayPal operates in to comply with fairly recent anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism funding, patriot act, Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Identification Program (CIP), as well as their own security policies. No one here can access your account. My thing is keep your expectations low so that you'll be pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, consider a plan B on your operations if your account is not restored in time.

Login to Me Too

LeyendaV
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

That was the most awful answer possibly. Also, the least I need is a pamphlet of propaganda about "how benevolent PayPal is".

You are not helping here, don't answer just to make your posts counter rise, cause you are only making it worst. I don't care if you are an advisor or whatever, if you can't say something useful please stay quiet since I'm struggling through very complex and complicate problems due to this.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I get it but just preparing you what can happen so you can plan accordingly. This is a public forum. I don't give myself this advisor title. PayPal did when one makes certain number of posts.

Login to Me Too

LeyendaV
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so today my limitation was "removed" without any type of alert so I have no idea what happened.
And I said "removed" cause I asked a personal friend to send me a little quantity of money just to check everything was indeed right. That was like 10 hours ago, and that money (less than US$1.50) is still "On hold" by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.