My suspended PayPal at dying age of 75!

talauddin7
New Community Member

SO I have no current issues in my account, Received only little transactions so far from customers and always responded to issue promptly. Still PayPal suspended my account just because i'm living outside my country.

Look, I'm 70 year old lady trying really hard here to set up something involving my poor grand son so that i can leave some money before closing my eyes. My whole transaction amount should be no more than around 5 or 5k max in last few months in total. And a billion dollar business finds risk in that business? I don't know what factor did you guys really considered suspending my business, probably you guys are the same as my son/daughter's age, If you can consider 2 min of your time to re consider my account, It would be like a life saving help to this really old lady and i will really appreciate that.

Hope you guys will consider once more.
Thank you for everything.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@talauddin7

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

talauddin7
New Community Member

It was a business account. Despite of having poor knowledge over computer, i managed to set up business, HMRC and everything. Now everything going in vein. Instead of sudden limitation, if you could give me a list of things to avoid using PayPal, i would have followed them step by step all the time. But they are closing my account freezing everything without any prior notice or account issue. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@talauddin7

Well i don't give anyone anything unless they ask a question on here.

If you had we would have explained that you have to open a paypal account in the account you are actually living in.

You can't move a paypal account to another country.

They are freezing it because you can't use it in another country which is understandable.

You can however open a second account in the country that you have moved to if you want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.