My paypal was hacked and have had numerous unauthorised payments and PayPal have denied it.

Kaiser02
Contributor
Contributor
My paypal was hacked and have had numerous unauthorised payments and PayPal have denied it saying it was legit, when I was literally sleeping, also my phone number was changed which is clear as day that it was hacked and still denied, I’m sure PayPal can even see their IP address and still done nothing, anyone who can help? I’ve tried speaking to a human but their support is bad.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

heather10777
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. My phone number was changed, mobile pin number was changed and the language was changed to Spanish. There was a large cash money transfer from my bank to my paypal account, which I wold never do. I am waiting for my bank to open so that I can dispute it. This has never happeded to me before and I am scared. I changed all of the passwords and security questions.

Login to Me Too

Kaiser02
Contributor
Contributor
Wow this is a complete joke hopefully PayPal sort it, and yeah my phone number was also changed, I have emailed the email that was connected to the transactions that was sent out unauthorised and he actually replied and said his account is locked and can’t deny the payments so that’s a good sign if he’s telling the truth. Let me know if you have any luck.
Login to Me Too

sswainwilson
New Community Member

This exact thing JUST happened to me today!  They modified the social security number, address, my name, my phone number...basically everything but the primary email! Scary stuff. 

It all happened at 1 AM so of course I didn't notice it. Woke up and had multiple email in my inbox in French that I had to annoying run through Google Translate to see what the heck happened. So far I've emailed customer service because I cant get through to anyone on any phone line. Talked with my bank and they said they cant do much other than wait for transaction, which will likely overdraw my account and then dispute from there. So so SO annoying. 

Did you have any luck with your situation yet?  I feel like this is the WORST time for things to go wrong with their customer service staff being essentially stripped to the bare minimum. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.