My money

Jasamkrkan123_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so i send this guy money and now he is ignoring me and wont send the products which i bought. And i went to resolution center to report issue and i accidently put unauthorized trasaction and paypal dissmised case in his favor and now i cannot report the issue on the same transactions.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jasamkrkan123_ 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction (but that option is for hacked accounts so would be closed as you had authorised the transaction).

You also 'risk' having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal user agreement.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will assist you but unfortunately as it was a 'gift' payment they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jasamkrkan123_ 

Did you send using the friends / family option at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jasamkrkan123_
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i used friends and familiy
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jasamkrkan123_ 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction (but that option is for hacked accounts so would be closed as you had authorised the transaction).

You also 'risk' having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal user agreement.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will assist you but unfortunately as it was a 'gift' payment they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.