My good mask.com scam

Yxp
Contributor
Contributor

I have bought 2 boxes face mask which is 59.98 on 3/1/2020, then I have received a small collapsible straw. I have contact the seller but the phone number and the email they left were all fake. I reported it to PayPal then the seller offered $10 refund, I refused it. I checked google found the scammer will ask return the product or send coupon etc. The scammer just twist the PayPal policy to make refund impossible. Is there any way we can let PayPal handle it as a scam instead of a regular refund case?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Yxp

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Thank you for your patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here. 

This link might help you in reporting potential fraud to Paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud,-spoof-or-unauthorized-t...

Hope this helps. Please stay safe. 

Kudos and Solved are greatly appreciated.. 😊

Login to Me Too

Yxp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Goldileen,

I have sent a samilar reply to you for some reason it was not show on web, so I send it again.

Thank you for replying. I bought my mask from mygoodmask.com, at the beginning I try to contact them by phone and email, but they were all fake. Even the PayPal activity page showed the money receiver is "restaurant".  On our community there are more people had the same experience, some through same web some through different name of the web.  According to a anti scam web name Wisdom Ganga research, the scammer will twist the PayPal policy to send you a wrong stuff and make you pay expensive ship fee to China to return it to waste your money and time and PayPal can't refund you by their policy. We can't  drag by the scammer to follow the regular PayPal procedure. The only way to solve this problem is ask PayPal to treat it as scam to investigate and due with it to protect us.

My case ID is PP-D-57725157. I already went through all procedure you suggested The problem is there is no way other then return the wrong product by procedure. Please help!

Xiaoping Ye

Login to Me Too

Lyn2020420
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. I ordered the facemask on the website, after two days, I checked the order in the confirmation email, then it shows the website does not exist. Then I contacted paypal, paypal give me a tracking number, then after more than 1 month, I received a small toy, which is totally useless. Then I filed dispute,  then paypal asked me to send the item back to china (with tracking id) and get the refund. I need to pay the shipping fee.  I checked the usps, the shipping fee with tracking id is more expensive than my order price. I do not understand why paypal solve the issue like this, why buyer need to pay shipping fee if the seller did the wrong thing.  I highly recommend people do not use paypal in the future. It did not protect with buyer. It do bussiness with fraud company.

Login to Me Too

Lyn2020420
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Godlinee,

I reported the fraud as your link, but paypal do not think it is fraud and refuse it and close my case...

Login to Me Too

Mysnakesr1
Yes they keep closing my case too and this is wrong cuz I probably received the same fidget spinner as you received
Login to Me Too

YanFeng
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too,the Paypal didn't protect buyer's right, even if  your upload many proof but Paypal never to investigate this seller then close the case for seller favor,that is not fair the tracking No is nothing.the seller sell the thing is not as description that is cram.why you still protect seller you can see there are so many Voice There.

I am very disappoint for Paypal did,at last i contact with my bank ,and they resolved my problem give scammer a big hit.

MY case id is PP-DD-57535579

Login to Me Too

zhenyuzhao

I purchased $86 worth of face masks from this fraudulent seller because I trust Paypal Credit would protect me in case of this type of scam. I filed a complaint when I didn't receive a confirmation email then their website disappeared (it comes back sometimes). Paypal gave me a shipping number. That was in middle of March. Today I received a small packages with 5 pieces of cloth-sewed dust masks and 10 pieces of small tissues (filters?). This is not what I purchased at all. The dispute case is still open. I want to see how Paypal handles this case. The seller apparently uses the delaying strategy to drag the issue as longer as possible. I don't understand why Paypal doesn't prosecute this seller. If they don't they are in bed with the seller - as simple as that. 

Login to Me Too

vogug
Contributor
Contributor

I have a same problem. They only provided Chinese tracking # to paypal and I USPS told me that they delivered the package to my apartment. and I never received any package. Everyone is saying that this merchant is a fraud but paypal doesn't take this serious. They need to investigate this Chinese fraud and using people in this covid19 pandemic. I hope Paypal investigate this as soon as possible and issue the refund. 

Login to Me Too

Lyn2020420
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue.  After the tracking id showed 'devilered', I checked my mail box everyday,  then after two weeks, finally I got the package. It is a little spinner, no face mask at all.  Then I filed dispute in paypal, the seller and paypal asked me to return the item and I need to pay the shipping fee. Then I went to usps to ship the item, the shipping fee is $40, it will take around two months to arrive. Also the people in USPS warned me if the shipping address is not accurate(the shipping address the seller provider is a just long string(~100), no name, I doubt it is real address or not), they will not be able to deliver it. if  the item is not deliverable, that means you will lose shipping fee and the refund. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.