My funds in limbo without an explanation

MattHavel
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone currently or recently experienced paypal holding their "pending refund" funds without an explanation?! ... following a "pay family and friends abroad" request, paypal withdrew the funds from my bank account, then for reasons that no "I am very sorry sir" customer service person could explain or made sense, could not deliver the funds to the recipient, then initiated a refund before I even requested it, and now is holding the funds in perpetual "pending refund" status again without any "I apologize for your trouble" customer service person being able to tell me when I am going to get my funds redeposited to my account! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattHavel 

Could be the country you sent the funds to could not accept friends / family payments? Not all countries can or do have that option.

When you cancel a payment or its refunded those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.