My experience with - Translatethis.xyz

DiegoSanchez187
Contributor
Contributor

A little bit ago I wanted to buy a hat for my dads birthday , I don’t have too much cash at all and to be honest I spent all I had on my father. I looked up New York Yankees Hats online , the first link sent me to what I thought was a New Era site because it had the logo and everything , now it said New Era on the page but I looked at the link and it said - translatethis.xyz , now everything on this site was odd because everything was 15$ , their is limited edition hats that are 500$ right now that were 15$ on the site , now as a 16 year old teen seeing this , first thoughts are that your really going to make your dad happy for his birthday , and didn’t think too much about it. I found a perfect hat for him and continued to purchase , now I purchased with PayPal , and as soon as I bought it said “$47.87 Was spent on-“ then continued to have Chinese lettering (which didn’t see til later) anyway so I continued and later on that day I went to see the site again to see what else they had for me for the future. I had re-search it since all my tabs closed for sum odd reason. Anyway I searched up New Era because that’s what it said on the site . So I click the New Era site and something seemed odd , this looked better , everything was gold and black for the celebration of 100 years of New Era , so much new options of hats but at normal prices like 34.99$ for a regular hat. Now I looked in the actual link and it said the actual New Era site link. Then I pieced the puzzles together that the other site wasn’t a official site , I went to my notifications and saw the text I recently mentioned. I loaded the site back up and my purchase didn’t send an email to my email , a notification to my phone number that I bought it , not even tracking information. I tried to go to PayPal and when I tried to cancel it it somehow already canceled out the X you hit to cancel an order . I did the support option for a refund . Now they emailed the place to ask for a refund and he only offered 10$. Later I got a email from that person saying to cancel the refund request and I told him that there was no tracking information and he has to send me the tracking info or I won’t . No response still, and now my BellCo app keeps closing on me . I don’t know if it’s related but from whats Going on right now you never know honestly . Please I need someone’s help My dads birthday is tomorrow and I probably got scammed and can’t afford to get him another gift ..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Redog
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I'm so sorry you weren't able to get your dad a gift for his birthday. I can confirm this site is 100% bootleg and a scam. I orded 2 hats back in june-july and didnt get the hats till august 13. What i got were two extremely poorly made new york yankee's with the logo sewed backwards. Contacted paypal soon after and waited a whole month for them to respond, i finally was able to convince them to give me my full refund BUT i had to send them the hats back to a address they gave me (which was a ton of random characters not even a existing address). Also the sites numbers are completely fake to and the sites layout is just copy pasted!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.