My dispute was denied, but I have no idea what this charge is or who made it, what now?

hylianfae
New Community Member

Two days ago I received a $72 charge from a website I've never heard of. This charge came less than an hour after I'd received payment for freelance work, and took nearly 2/3rds of the payment which I had planned to transfer to a savings account.

Somehow Paypal ruled the dispute in the sellers favor, I have no idea why or how. I tried emailing all the addresses I could find on the sellers website and have gotten no response, they also have no phone number, so I have no way to ask them for a refund directly. Why did Paypal find this in their favor? I've rarely used Paypal at all, and now the second time I put money into my account it gets stolen and I get told that I spent it? How is it possible that they think the transaction was authorized? What do I do now? I can't even find out what product or service I supposedly purchased.

Please help, how do I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

hylianfae
New Community Member

I'm not sure how to close a discussion, but my issue has been resolved! After several calls I was finally able to reach a lovely customer service agent who looked over my case, found suspicious activity, and refunded the amount that was stolen! Thank you kind woman!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

hylianfae
New Community Member

I'm not sure how to close a discussion, but my issue has been resolved! After several calls I was finally able to reach a lovely customer service agent who looked over my case, found suspicious activity, and refunded the amount that was stolen! Thank you kind woman!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.