My dispute claim not even investigated and closed within 30 seconds by Paypal

Anu401
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to buy a PS4 for my son and found an online site with a reasonable price - SDE Online. The website said that there was a 5% donation. Since many businesses are involved with donations during the coronavirus outbreak, I assumed this was similar. However, this turned out to be a scam and they took all of my payment of £150 as donation.

I raised a dispute with Paypal and was told to try and resolve this with the seller. The seller did not respond to my messages until yesterday and the seller's response was that this was a donation and cannot be refunded.

I decided to escalate to Paypal. When filling the escalation form I was told that somebody will investigate and the investigation will take 5 days. But as soon as I put in the claim,within 30 seconds of my escalation to Paypal , I was told that based on the information with Paypal my claim was denied.

Instead of investigating and closing the fraud seller's account, they denied my claim without any investigation

Do I have any recourse ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anu401
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for responding. I did message Paypal and I am happy to report that my claim appeal was accepted and I am getting my money back

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

I know how it feels most especially that dispute that you file was been in favor of the seller. For this scenario I strongly suggest that you give our customer service a call once we have our customer service will be available so can reopen the case and have this one reviewed and provide you option and answer all your concern based on your transaction. Our customer service is temporarily closed due to Covid virus

Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you

Login to Me Too
Solved

Anu401
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for responding. I did message Paypal and I am happy to report that my claim appeal was accepted and I am getting my money back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.