My claim was decided but I was not allowed to make any comments

Arnie243
Contributor
Contributor

I made a chargeback claim as items were significantly inferior to description. The seller made defamatory remarks about me and accused me of fraud but I was not given any chance to reply. The case has been decided in seller's favour so obviously PayPal don't care about buyers rights at all. It seems there is no buyer protection whatsoever. Has any buyer ever got their money back? How do I complain about the procedure?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arnie243

Yes the seller escalated but as I said YOU had time to put in as much info as you wanted when you opened the dispute in the first place and BEFORE the seller escalated to a claim.

I opened a dispute last week and put in nearly the max amount of words I was allowed to as a 'message to the seller' before it was escalated to a claim.

Paypal will then read those words before making any decision.

Paypal deal with millions of claims so they are not going to examine each and every one in details contacting both parties back and forth, they read the messages / view any description and make a decision and move on to the next one, the onus is on you to provide that info, you sadly didn't.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arnie243

A 'chargeback' claim is not a Paypal dispute, it is done directly via your card issuer and they make the decisions so you need to contact them again to ask why they didn't find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arnie243
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I think I used the wrong term. I made a claim through PayPal for a refund as the LPs I bought were not as described. I was shocked that the decision was made to reject my claim without any contact with me. The seller accused me of fraud yet I had no way to reply. I e-mailed PayPal to allow me to submit proof of my claim but they did not reply and closed the case abruptly. How can they make a decision in a complicated case where evidence should be considered?  thanks, Arnold.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arnie243

When you open a dispute you also should imput all the information that you want Paypal to review once the dispute is escalated to a claim, this is done via a message to the seller when you open a dispute and Paypal reads the messages.

The dispute can be escalated by buyer OR seller so you need to put in all the information you want Paypal to have as soon as you open it so that if the seller escalates first the info is all on there for Paypal to read.

Secondly you did not say where you bought from, in the event of an item received but not as described dispute Paypal will view any 'description' from Ebay or the payment method if there was no 'site' to view. So if you just put L.P's on the payment method and no description of condition etc and you got L.P's then Paypal would not find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arnie243
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for that information but the system is obviously flawed.  I opened a dispute but it was the seller who escalated it to a claim. I thought PayPal would request more information but they made a decision in just a dew days. There was no way to contact them to explain my problem. This needs to be made clear to everyone making a claim.  cheers. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arnie243

Yes the seller escalated but as I said YOU had time to put in as much info as you wanted when you opened the dispute in the first place and BEFORE the seller escalated to a claim.

I opened a dispute last week and put in nearly the max amount of words I was allowed to as a 'message to the seller' before it was escalated to a claim.

Paypal will then read those words before making any decision.

Paypal deal with millions of claims so they are not going to examine each and every one in details contacting both parties back and forth, they read the messages / view any description and make a decision and move on to the next one, the onus is on you to provide that info, you sadly didn't.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kiwial
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal blocked me off their facebook pages because I was exposing both paypal and ZG TECHNOLOGY all over their comments sections. Something dodgy going on. I'm getting in contact with the police and my MEP about it because it seems to have been running for a while and thousands of people have been conned by the criminals. Yet as of 2 minutes ago you can still use PayPal to be conned by the criminals operating out of China. Paypal must be breaking all sorts of EU consumer law in continuing to let the scam run through its platform.
Login to Me Too

Arnie243
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again,  thanks for the information.  This should be made clear to everyone who makes a claim.  I have just received an e-mail from PayPal saying they have overturned their decision and found in my favour so that is great news but it has caused me terrible stress.  I bought the LPs from a Facebook site. If I had known how to make a claim I would have uploaded photos and audio files proving my complaint. I'm not sure how anyone who has no experience of playing records can understand the fine art of grading vinyl though. Thanks again for your replies. regards, Arnold.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arnie243

Smiley Happy Great news.

Just one thought, its always best to fund your paypal payments via a credit card, then if you lose you have the option for a card chargeback as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

slclews
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal I believe are fully involved with this fraud, They disallowed my claim they said because my tracking number was invalid so I sent them  a screenshot of the tracking showing the parcel had been returned. PayPal are a disgusting lying organisation that do not care about their customers and would rather take the side of a scamming company. The scamming company still has an active PayPal account so that shows you what PayPal thinks of companies that commit fraud, They support them and not their customers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.