My claim for refund denied ? How come?

Aladdin1000
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sirs,

I filed a complained against a seller who charged me $500 to get me interviews and ultimately a job. The advertisement was that they will get me at least 1-2 interviews a week till I land a job.I paid through Paypal.

The first step was that they wanted to fix my CV. The fix was a horribly poor CV which I ended up fixing myself. I never received any calls from them after the CV was done, I never got any interviews, I never got even an email from them.

I contacted Paypal for a full refund. The normal process, investigation. I was astounded when Paypal sent me an email that they have changed the complaint from "No service was provided".

These are the details for the complaint:

Transaction Amount: ‪500.00 USD‬

Dispute Amount: ‪500.00 USD‬

Transaction ID: 7F475913KP513362S

Transaction Date: 29 June 2020

This is what I received from Paypal:

"We have reviewed your information and based on the information we received we are changing the reason for filing this claim. You submitted your claim because your item or service was significantly different than originally described."

I waited, and after almost a month, I received an email that my claim was "DENIED".

Paypal, if my claim is denied, please tell me what service did I receive from the seller? Please ask them what service till this day after 4.5 months was provided so that they could claim $500, and so that you could say "Your claim for refund was denied"?

I STILL DID NOT RECEIVE EVEN A SINGLE EMAIL FROM THE SELLER, AND I NEVER RECEIVED ANY HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICE, ANY INTERVIEW, ANYTHING WHATSOEVER. How can I be denied a refund?

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-83549218 

Transaction Amount: ‪500.00 USD‬ 

Dispute Amount: ‪500.00 USD‬ 

Transaction ID: 7F475913KP513362S 

Transaction Date: 29 June 2020

I am so disappointed with this and I hope that some person here would be able to help fix this problem.

Thanks and I really hope to receive a sane, positive, logical response from Paypal

Regards,

Aladdin

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

Reading many posts over the last few days, many cases have seeming been automatically denied and closed as happened to me.

First thing to do is try to make contact with CS which  currently can be very difficult.

My problem was corrected after making contact via Twitter Direct Message. 

Login to Me Too

Aladdin1000
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much Xavier.

Can you please tell me how to get in touch with CS on Twitter? What is the username that I need to contact?

I use Paypal specifically to have peace of mind, and I never had problems in my previous transactions. The only time I had a serious fraud issue, Paypal didn't do the most basic check "What was the service delivered?"

Many thanks in advance and I really hope I will be able to solve this problem.

Aladdin

Login to Me Too

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

In Twitter, click on "Mesages".

Search for "Paypal Support".

I immediately received an auto response, then a real response

minutes later. I hope it's still the same.

Login to Me Too

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

And also, you'll need to have a Twitter account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.