My case was denied by automatic system of resolution center. No human read it, is this right?

AAuban
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed a transaction with a company that didn't provide me a legitimate address to send my product back. In the resolution process the Paypal system gave me the option to send tracking number. There were NO option to explain why I wasn't able to return the product back. The seller provided their address with many numbers and street names, so we were not sure that the product will reach the exact destination. We also started suspect and looked at google reviews for the company name, and we found reference to this exact company and address as a fraud. So we tried to explain this in the response, but there was no option "explain", only tracking number option. I also sent Paypal message that explains this issue. But in the end my case was denied, because I didn't provide tracking number. So we conclude that there is no one human being read my case and no possibility to explain, but send the product back to the "fishy" address. We seriously hesitated to send an item to the given address, because we were not sure it will reach the destination or the product will be ever claimed as received. Also to send product to China from US would cost us a lot. So, we didn't know if this additional cost would be just additionally wasted money. Now my question : has anyone in the community faced such problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AAuban
Contributor
Contributor

Update to everyone in this chat: Success! After complaining to Better Business Bureau my case was resolved in my favor. I knew that when customers know their rights they can reach justice. BBB always stands for what is just. (not without issues though: Paypal refunded full amount but they took around 17% from being available for me. Oh well.) 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

fenoglma
Contributor
Contributor

I need to hear from PayPal. This is ridiculous. I went through the phone tree, it says no one is available to help, and hangs up. What the heck is going on? I, too, had a dispute  automatically rejected and it's a 100% legitimate dispute. The merchant did not send what they said they were going to send. Paypal never followed up at all.

Is there a phone number at PayPal that actually works?

Login to Me Too

AAuban
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your support. I am considering taking this to BBB, if they don't respond within a week. They grow very fast, but their poor customer support will eventually kill them to rivals.

Login to Me Too

fenoglma
Contributor
Contributor

It's absolutely absurd how PayPal handles communication. I mean, this community site essentially exists so they don't have to provide customer support. I feel like a fool, too, because this merchant (Shenzhen Lijuan Trading Co., Ltd) apparently has scammed others as well.

I clicked on a Facebook ad that led me to the purchase. At this point, I find it hard to believe that PayPal and Facebook are unaware of the fraud being committed by this company.

Technology is a wonderful thing, but these tech giants seem to think they can simply ignore customers entirely because they have de facto monopolies in the marketplace.

I even tried disputing via a billing dispute but the PayPal site simply returns an error when I submit the form.

Login to Me Too

AAuban
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the fact that my case isn't alone and the responses are so fast says, they will have to improve their customer support, or their reputation is going to lead me and others away from using their site. I will try my best to do all legitimate actions to reach my goal. Though I will also try to not being too negative for the sake of my sanity and happy peace of mind. Let's do this together!

Login to Me Too

fenoglma
Contributor
Contributor

I'm supposedly getting a reply based on a message I sent through PayPal's website chat, but color me skeptical.

At this point, I place to wait until tomorrow morning, see what (if anything) I get in response to the message, and then try calling them through various avenues tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

AAuban
Contributor
Contributor

Their automatic replies are actually very hopeful, as if the real people are trying to help you. But that was misleading me. They said that they will solve my case in my benefit if the seller doesn't respond, but instead they denied my case. No explanation! So I assume- their automatic system isn't customer friendly.

Login to Me Too

spyke555
Contributor
Contributor

I DID send the unit back and DID provide tracking information yet PayPal STILL closed my case today in the seller's favor stating I did not provide tracking information. Confirmed no one is actually reading the cases and it's closed automatically as they closed the case on Sunday, yet no one from customer service available to chat...

Login to Me Too

AAuban
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! So my intuition was right. Sending the product back would be wasting the money on the shipping cost. So, basically, they simply ignore customer needs and obviously violate their resolution process. Perhaps its not worth it to wait for their response and start complains in BBB websites. At least other people will be aware. What I like about BBB, they do actually reach the company and require them to actually respond to complains.

Login to Me Too

spyke555
Contributor
Contributor

The seller probably gave a fraudulent address to boot. Both the postal service and Google Maps can't find the address (street does not exist) so yeah...

But up until yesterday my beef was with the seller and my goal was to make sure they did not get my money. Now PayPal's mis management of this case is the issue, but I will give them a chance to make it right before moving to the next step. But you are correct in that the BBB will have an easier time to get a wold of PayPal than these foreign sellers...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.