My card was found/stolen and used on paypal

d_sully1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone here in the community could guide me in the right direction.

I lost my card recently and went to my bank to cancel and get a new one sent out.

Money was then flowing out of my card mysteriously without showing any visible 

transactions but a few pending etc,

I went into the bank today and someone has made some payments through paypal

multiple times. After ringing the fraud helpline with my bank they told me the branch

didn't cancel my card for some reason just applied for a new one (genuine mistake I'm sure

it happens, were all human, even though I obviously asked for it to be cancellled)

I do have a paypal account linked to the very same bank account how ever not under that

card as the card was only issued to me this September as the bank was giving everyone new

cards with the "contactless" option etc.

So I am guessing someone has obtained my card and set up a fake account using my card details

but I cant seem to report the fraud as I cant select a "transaction" on account of my card was never

registered to this account as I have not used paypal since 2017

any help would be greatly appreciated, the bank advised me to go here first 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d_sully1

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.