My account was limited, but the reasons and the penalty don't make sense.

ThomasRogers
New Community Member

Hi! My name is Thomas and I'm a freelancer from Venezuela.

last week, I was asked by Paypal to upload my National Identification card, so I did.

The next day, I received an email from Paypal noticing that I have no longer access to send and receive money anymore because when I created my Paypal account, I was underage (note that I'm currently 23).

I understand that I made a big mistake when I created a Paypal account when I was 16 or 17, perhaps I created it with the intention to pay for games or stuff like that, but I'm right now mature and I followed all of the terms and condition from Paypal except this.

The email from Paypal that I received also said that I MAY CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT WITH MY ID, I don't understand, why am I allowed to create another account? why don't just I use the one that I've been using LEGALLY during all these years? 

Don't get me wrong, I love Paypal, but the fact that my account is suspended with MY MONEY in it and I CAN'T GET IT BACK ANYMORE hurts me. 

Can I at least get my money back? or move it to my new account? I really need that money, it's about 120 USD, but I really need it.

Also, I tried to call so many times but I couldn't get in touch with anyone, I'm from Venezuela but I have good English, so I can talk normally.

Paypal, please, I know this would be too much to ask, but can I at least move the money from my old account to my new one? I don't have a bank account nor credit card, as it doesn't work since I live in an undeveloped country, and that's why I need that money.

Thanks if someone read all of this message.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ThomasRogers 

You would not be allowed to use that account as it was an illegally made underage account and permanently limited as soon as paypal found out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ThomasRogers 

You would not be allowed to use that account as it was an illegally made underage account and permanently limited as soon as paypal found out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.