My account was limited and I have no idea why?

Patric9
Contributor
Contributor

I logged into my account three weeks ago and found it was limited, I don't buy or sell through paypal in a professional way I use it for secure purchases for companies like Steam, Humble Bundle or sometimes loot crate but this is very rare compared to the other two. I haven't broken any rules that I am aware of and I haven't done anything to upset PayPal in my mind so what could have happened? I tried contacting support four times since I found out and I have been given lame excuses such as "we don't know, the information isn't available to us" which I understand that might be the case but what is the point of support staff if they can do nothing it help.

I'm very annoyed and upset by this as I feel like a bad person for something I have no idea about, I suffer with anxiety and this is sending it through the roof not knowing. Any help is greatly appreciated I have been told my appeal was denied which is fair enough I just want answers.  

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Shira_Yuki
My friend just experience this... However just right after he finished making an account, he found that the account is limited. I wonder why that happening?
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526Y
Contributor
Contributor
paypal limited my account and its my ONLY source to ANY MONEY whatsoever! I have family send me money frequently and sometimes it's quite a bit because I'm going through a custody battle and now I'm literally broke and going to starve because they can't tell me why and first told me it would be 24 hours, than 48 hours, now I'm told it's going to be 5 days!! This is insane , if I cant depend on paypal to literally feed my family then I cant depend on them at all.
Login to Me Too

Keithjpdx
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been limited for the 2nd time in a week. I sell items on platforms such as EBay, mercari, and Poshmark. I’ve already provided eBay with proof of address, ID, and what im using paypal for. I also use paypal to deposit money into DraftKings which is a fantasy sports website. So maybe that’s why. I just don’t understand why they would ask for the same info twice in one week. The first account limitation was already lifted so why ask for the same exact info again. Beyond frustrating!!
Login to Me Too

Christopher75
New Community Member
My account was been limited I never made any transaction on it I was been asked for some id which I did provide but I don’t have a card statement on my link debit card cause it also a new account no transaction on that also....how do I go about that?
Login to Me Too

mjamesw
Contributor
Contributor

I am sure it won't happen like this should it be a regular bank, at least the bank will give you a reason and give you solutions.

I am too one of the victims here, not knowing exactly what went wrong, did everything being asked, but still, locked out of my own account, found out today not only I cannot withdraw my money,  I cannot even receive money anymore.

Is there a day to expect when the limitation is over so that I can get my money back and never have to deal with Paypal anymore?

Did anyone try to talk to a lawyer and find out how this could happen?

I am not quite sure who Paypal is trying to protect here, I thought Paypal is trying to protect the account owner, us in this case, not sure of that anymore because Paypal does not even try to talk to us. The last time  I was on the phone with Paypal on this issue I was told I would get a resolution via snail mail (still wondering why Paypal wants to slow this down as much as they can). The mail I finally got is not a solution or resolution but a legal statement that if I don't agree I can go through the court. The hell, Paypal has lawyers on duty whose sole job is to deal with this while we, the average person, do not.

Still wondering, how could this happen in the US, and how could it be legal?

Login to Me Too

mjamesw
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I got from my PayPay inbox, notice the last (3rd) step to contact PayPal? IT DOES NOT EXIST, THERE IS NO LINK TO CLICK!

Please call us by clicking Contact us at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Before we can talk to you about your account, we’ll ask you for a one-time passcode to confirm that you’re the PayPal account owner.

Follow the steps below to get a randomly generated, 6-digit one-off passcode:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Contact us near the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Call us near the bottom of the page.
  4. A one-time passcode will be displayed. It's valid for 10 minutes.

We look forward to helping you soon.

Login to Me Too

Bhfds
New Community Member
Same problem - I was using to sell few things a month on depop can’t find out why account has been limited very frustrating as only payment method used by depop
Login to Me Too

karmajon117
Contributor
Contributor
I already submitte all information, this account my full verified paypal account, why limite my paypal account, my waiting for refund, please,help for remove limitation
Login to Me Too

weadarc
New Community Member

I misclick the refund 2 times and it got account limited. I'm using my daughter's bank account that's why I submitted her bank account and now the Paypal it was invalid it was just asking for bank statement and transaction activity and now they're asking for business information and credit card statement that I don't have to. How am I gonna submit the requirements that I don't have to. I talked to a representative and they gave me a link and I submitted all the files  again and told to wait for 5 business days and now its been more then 11 days since I submitted. The transaction was for my friend that is use to buy a property here in our country but now it got hold on. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.