My account was banned.

basedchad
Contributor
Contributor

I have not been informed as to why. I have not even used the account yet; although, I had transferred some money to it and I would rather not wait the 180 days for it to be held. Is there any possible way for me to withdraw these funds? If not, how is this legal??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@basedchad 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ComputerDoctor
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is operating one of the biggest rackets in the financial industry. I had my account about 15 years and out of the blue they just banned it for no reason. I really wouldn't care if they had a legit reason but the fact I did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary that warranted a ban. They hold your money for 180 days so they can continue to draw interest on your money while it sits in their bank which is some Bull****. I'm so glad eBay started accepting their own payments so now I don't have to use Paypal to send or receive money that's all I really used it for other than sending an invoice every now and then. I so glad I found Waveapps free invoicing when I did need to send and invoice. Now that I have Clover I can send invoices from  the virtual terminal for about 90% off what Paypal charges. Good riddens to this POS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.